What do you think of this..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of this..?

Right firstly i apologize for not naming names in this post but i need to air what i was told, I won't mention my cue brand either as i wouldn't deem it fair to slander from hearsay...

Right firstly i was told my cue was not made in Thailand as there is only one cue maker in Thailand (mastercue). He told me that it was definitely made in China, judging his opinion on the butt socket and joint..?

Another thing that was said was my shaft was poor as it wasn't stiff compared to others he had for sale, maybe i'm wrong but surely top professional grade ash isn't graded based on stiffness? Is there no JP utilmates out there with a bit of flex in the shaft requested by Professional or what not..?

In relation to that he held my cue at the butt and started knocking it and told me to watch how the shaft vibrates compared to a stiff one piece master cue he had in stock...

Now to me i got the impression he was annoyed i didn't go through him as i have done in the past for cues etc, now this is a new cue but he's put a seed of doubt in my mind, what do you think of that..? ^^
    Last edited by SouthPaw; 8 March 2013, 03:20 PM. Reason: Added extra...
    Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

To be fair.
    1.I believe there cant be only one cue maker exporting mastercues.
    2.If he is not telling you to get one of his cues that will be fine.
    3.Fake mastercues are not a lot in the market even in China, where they were made.
    4.If you can make a 147 with that cue there is no need to care if it's a fake cue.
    5.Every piece of wood is different. Stiff or not should not be the main thing to identify a fake cue. Pay more attention to the join or badges.
    6.If you like it, just ignore it. Convence yourself by potting lots of balls in one visit.

Comment

Originally Posted by Samling View Post
      To be fair.
      1.I believe there cant be only one cue maker exporting mastercues.
      2.If he is not telling you to get one of his cues that will be fine.
      3.Fake mastercues are not a lot in the market even in China, where they were made.
      4.If you can make a 147 with that cue there is no need to care if it's a fake cue.
      5.Every piece of wood is different. Stiff or not should not be the main thing to identify a fake cue. Pay more attention to the join or badges.
      6.If you like it, just ignore it. Convence yourself by potting lots of balls in one visit.

Sorry Sam maybe didn't word it too well, it's not a mastercue that i own it's another brand, but what i was told was if it was not mastercue it wasn't made in Thailand, i guess he's trying to imply that other brands that say they're made in Thailand are in fact made in china...

Comment

From what i know, There are plenty of thai cuemaker hand crafted cue and export to other countries, master cue, omin, phoenix cue, maximus ,saroj royal etc.
        In progressing!!

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
          Right firstly i apologize for not naming names in this post but i need to air what i was told, I won't mention my cue brand either as i wouldn't deem it fair to slander from hearsay...

Right firstly i was told my cue was not made in Thailand as there is only one cue maker in Thailand (mastercue). He told me that it was definitely made in China, judging his opinion on the butt socket and joint..?

Another thing that was said was my shaft was poor as it wasn't stiff compared to others he had for sale, maybe i'm wrong but surely top professional grade ash isn't graded based on stiffness? Is there no JP utilmates out there with a bit of flex in the shaft requested by Professional or what not..?

In relation to that he held my cue at the butt and started knocking it and told me to watch how the shaft vibrates compared to a stiff one piece master cue he had in stock...

Now to me i got the impression he was annoyed i didn't go through him as i have done in the past for cues etc, now this is a new cue but he's put a seed of doubt in my mind, what do you think of that..? ^^
          Sorry, far too much missing info, hints and innuendos for anyone to be able to make any sensible and fair comments.

Don't know what the cue is, who you bought it from, who is telling you it wasn't made in Thailand, why you took the cue you bought from someone else for them to look at etc. etc. Sounds like a case for Jessica Fletcher!!

Comment

Well Stu gets his cues made in Thailand, and i'm 99.9 % they don't come from Master Cue, well they can't as GBL cues are 10 times better quality

Comment

Yes i know Gerry, but hopefully you understand why i think it's not fair to bring up the said brand based on a local cue doctors(who used to make cues) own belief... The reason i took the cue to him was to check the ferrule/ tip as it was making a slight ping noise now and again, as i have no other options for repairs other than to post it to the mainland, though what he told me basically devalued a well respected retailer and their brand...

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
                Yes i know Gerry, but hopefully you understand why i think it's not fair to bring up the said brand based on a local cue doctors(who used to make cues) own belief... The reason i took the cue to him was to check the ferrule/ tip as it was making a slight ping noise now and again, as i have no other options for repairs other than to post it to the mainland, though what he told me basically devalued a well respected retailer and their brand...
                What I don't understand is what you think you will get out of posting what you have here?

No-one can possibly tell you "your cue is deffo made in Thailand" any more than they can say "aye, your cue doctor friend is right, deffo a Chinese cue" based on what you've posted above.

Comment

Well i definitely wouldn't call him a friend for starters, i also don't expect people to post that my cue was definitely made in china either, if you look at my points again you will realize what i'm asking 1) Can you tell from a joint/butt socket whether a cue is made from Thailand? I thought not... 2) If the shaft is professionally graded as the highest quality it should be very stiff (i would class the shaft as medium/stiff for the record) I think i know the answer to that already but clarity would be nice, i'm sure not all for talks sake ultimate owners insist on very stiff yet i was told my shaft was poor albeit not a John Parris...

Comment

What's a very stiff shaft got to do with ANYTHING though? A very stiff shaft is horrible IMO anyway..

Why do you think a TOP cue should be very stiff? A custom cue is made to customers spec and if a medium stiff shaft is what you want it's what you get and vice versa etc etc etc...
                    No merit in your post what soever and no point in posting really if we are just left guessing...

Last edited by cally; 8 March 2013, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
                      What's a very stiff shaft got to do with ANYTHING though? A very stiff shaft is horrible IMO anyway..

Why do you think a TOP cue should be very stiff? A custom cue is made to customers spec and if a medium stiff shaft is what you want it's what you get and vice versa etc etc etc...
                      No merit in your post what soever and no point in posting really if we are just left guessing...

Well that's the thing Cally i thought we all had different tastes regarding the rigidity of the shaft, also that it can't be graded on rigidity alone, to be honest i now believe this person to be plonker but he has annoyed me on what he has said!

Comment

So waht make cue is it?

Comment

Put up the make of cue and name of the cue seller who told you this info its not slander or hearsay to repeat what he told you. Like one member said there are lots of cue makers in Thailand master cue ,omin,king cue,phoenix,greenbaize gbls plus many more.

Comment

Seems someones just talking ****e, i'd rather know the name of who's speaking sh!t?

Don't put makers name on here bud, they're cues are top notch cues and need no bad publicity and sh!tfest here, we see enough of that..

If your happy with the cue Just play the game man...

Comment

Local cue doctor used to make is own cues sells master cues does he have is own shop ?

Comment

Working...
                              X