No announcement yet.

modifying the butt to take extensions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modifying the butt to take extensions?

hello all, i have recently just bought a cue off a friend, its a 1 piece craftsman cue, and was wondering is it possible to modify the butt of the cue to take extensions? have thought about slot on extensions but i dont particularly like playing with them and would like a screw in extension if possible. how much would this sort of work cost? i would probably get the work done by craftsman cues if not too expensive!

Phone Dave at Craftsman and he will tell you the cost.You can check the price of extensions on their website.

Comment

Not sure about craftsman but cue craft do a butt joint added to your cue for £25, so would imagine it will be similar...
      Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

cheers guys! very helpful @south paw i was searching for a service like that for a while and came up with nothing so thanks well worth a look as £25!, seems reasonable, will probably still get the work done at craftsman as they are the original cue maker, (money permitting) and it is fairly close to where i live. does anyone know if this work can be done personally? im not the best at precision joinery but i know a few mates who are good cabinet makers, is it worth getting them to have look/ how available are the parts?

Comment

Craftsman's only charge £10 extra for fitting a butt joint when you order a cue, so can't imagine it would be much more than that if you walk in with a cue to be done

Comment

Working...
          X