JPU Order - Status changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
    Lucky you. I've waited 22 months. Last month john parris said it will still be 6-12 months
    Have you very specific about the shaft or something ?? sounds like you are being fobbed off, that long to wait for a cue is a total joke !!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Have you very specific about the shaft or something ?? sounds like you are being fobbed off, that long to wait for a cue is a total joke !!!!
      Yes thats shocking long, 1pc? Have you been very specific about arrows / grain etc?

Comment

Just seen its 24 to 30 month for a 1pc.

Comment

Originally Posted by svendh View Post
          didn't realise that there was that many suckers around

Comment

Well when I placed the order it was quoted 50 weeks. A one piece cue. Not very specific about the chevrons etc, just said 6-10 evenly spaced. The lead times changed when I was 3/4 through the wait. I already have a great cue so it most likely will be extra but we'll see when it arrives. It is very frustrating but not much I can do about it but forget about it and when it arrives it arrives

Comment

Like Jono I'm at the same waiting time, ordered Sep 12 and now waiting 21 months, I haven't as yet contacted JP because I've heard others have and been told the wait is likely to be another 12 months potentially.

Personally had I known it was going to take this long I'd have never placed the order but hindsight is a wonderful thing. What I don't understand is why a 3/4 cue can take 12 months yet a 1 piece is taking roughly 2 1/2 years or more. I accept that it might be a bit more tricky to find suitable shafts for 1pc cues but 2-3 times as long? Something must be wrong with how they are selecting their shafts or the suppliers they are using because other cue makers aren't taking this amount of time over 1pc cues.

Fortunately for me I had a maximus ultimate a little under 2 months ago and already I'm playing great with it. Its a fantastic cue and I highly doubt a JPU can be better. Yes they are fairly expensive but still cheaper than a JPU and only taking a few months to be made. I'm yet to decide whether I will pay for the JPU when its finally ready, it would be a shame to throw away the £100 deposit but what good is paying for a cue I'm not likely to use, though the temptation to sell it on ebay for about £1400 is an option and I'm certain I'd get near that.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                Like Jono I'm at the same waiting time, ordered Sep 12 and now waiting 21 months, I haven't as yet contacted JP because I've heard others have and been told the wait is likely to be another 12 months potentially.

Personally had I known it was going to take this long I'd have never placed the order but hindsight is a wonderful thing. What I don't understand is why a 3/4 cue can take 12 months yet a 1 piece is taking roughly 2 1/2 years or more. I accept that it might be a bit more tricky to find suitable shafts for 1pc cues but 2-3 times as long? Something must be wrong with how they are selecting their shafts or the suppliers they are using because other cue makers aren't taking this amount of time over 1pc cues.

Fortunately for me I had a maximus ultimate a little under 2 months ago and already I'm playing great with it. Its a fantastic cue and I highly doubt a JPU can be better. Yes they are fairly expensive but still cheaper than a JPU and only taking a few months to be made. I'm yet to decide whether I will pay for the JPU when its finally ready, it would be a shame to throw away the £100 deposit but what good is paying for a cue I'm not likely to use, though the temptation to sell it on ebay for about £1400 is an option and I'm certain I'd get near that.
                JP told me that it's harder to find shafts for 1pc and he has far more orders than for 3/4 cues.

Comment

JP told me that it's harder to find shafts for 1pc and he has far more orders than for 3/4 cues.
                  JP could say he's spiderman and people would believe him

Comment

Ohh thats quick. Mine is not far away from 36months and the status still receive, not yet change to in progress. And whenever i email them i received the same reply," please check on the website for leading times," ultimate shaft is very hard to source blablabla...
                    In progressing!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post

I take it he says the £100 deposit is non refundable?, would you not have a case to ask for it back if you cancelled because it had taken over three times longer than quote you were given.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        I take it he says the £100 deposit is non refundable?, would you not have a case to ask for it back if you cancelled because it had taken over three times longer than quote you were given.
                        Wonder too if there's a case that after 3 years of waiting those so-called perfect chevrons and ash hasn't made me a better player,I'm the same player what's going on!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                          I don't know and I'm still in two minds whether to cancel or just wait until its ready and then decide if I want it or not. I guess I would have to kiss goodbye to it as the waiting time is only a guideline, he is under no obligation to make the cue in a specified timeframe and so long as he makes it he has fulfilled the order. The £100 is not the issue, I could offer to pay another £200 to him to speed up the progress but its water off a ducks back to him.

As I said though the cue will or should only ever increase in value as at some point in the future he won't have any involvment whatsoever when he's retired and then they will shoot up even more, even if Parris cues continues to trade after he's gone under his name.

Comment

• It would be a waste to give up now... If you consider the 100£ non refundable, then just try to forget about it, cancel and lose your deposit, or leave it and wait..

Comment

• Well it might just be me but is this ash shaft really worth waiting nearly 3 years for.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parri.../221474306614?
                              pt=UK_SportingGoods_SnookerPool_RL&hash=item3390e5 ba36

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                                Well it might just be me but is this ash shaft really worth waiting nearly 3 years for.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parri.../221474306614?
                                pt=UK_SportingGoods_SnookerPool_RL&hash=item3390e5 ba36
                                Agree 100% Leo. If I had waited nearly 3 years for that, I would have been very, very disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                                X