JPU Order - Status changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by svendh View Post
    guys this is getting really silly. i know there are a lot of people on the forum who don`t like jp for some reason (or is it that you want an jpu but your wife will leave when you pay ££££ for a cue and now you`re searching for reasons why you don`t like it?).

but in the end this is just about a piece of wood and you should stop to crusade against jp because it`s no religion. like adr says every cue is different, whoever made it. and if you dont like jp there are a few other cuemakers you can turn to. or pick a cue from the rack and knock in a 147 - whatever. as far as I'm concerned i am very happy with my order. jp was very helpful and will deliver my cue very close to the time he told me. i visited his workshop, get a proper invoice and can call him to ask questions. sounds like a good deal to me. and i am very sure i will keep my jpu for a long time as my son is taking my jp ambassador which is a very fine cue too. amen.
    My comment was in jest only - I have had a few JP cues and the quality has differed a little with only one cue staying with me for any length of time which was a lovely lively 1pc JP Champion, I am pretty particular about my cues and I would only ever order an Ultimate from JP but when I weigh up the cost and the length of wait it is not likely to ever happen. I can see that having a good reputation with a very good website and a shop/workshop complete with phone line and a pretty good response time to email will help him to attract customers who by large are really happy with their cues.
    On Cue Facebook Page
    Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
    Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

• You serious lol ??
      My memory seems to re call it may be maple 3/4 ??
      One piece pal... Look at my cue contest thread and you'll see why I have no problem selling... specs on there too.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
        Ronnie O Sullivan pics up phone on his canal boat -

"Ello Parris me old china - how you doin its Ron ere - the rocket that made you famous sunshine - now do us a favor my old silver puddin and put the kettle on get in the back and pick us out 5 or 6 ultimates to try out pronto - I'm going for a 25 mile jog so I see ya in ten minutes - sniff!"

"But Ron they take two years to make I just cant get the wood and...

"Now then John boy don't give me that old wives tale - you not marketing to the masses now you know just badge me up any old cue with nice markings - whats the bleeding difference I can knock em in with a broom handle anyway - olright - fine now get a shufty on john boy n I see you in a mo jo - oh an if you see that Selby tell him he is a ponce."

Hangs up phone.
        I thought phone tapping was illegal in the UK?

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• wow all this about waiting times, true agree bit excessive 2 years for a cue. But am not gonna complain as i have not bought one. dont want dont buy, simples.
          But guessing people still want them and still putting orders in, thats up to them each to their own. no matter how much people complain on here wont make a difference. by the way don't currently own a parris but have in the past, currently play with a wooldridge and have a trevor white.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            It's the ridiculous waiting times that people do not like
            I think this is why they want it.

Comment

• Bit of a change of topic, but does anyone know if john parris ever used spiro joints, loke those used by osborn/exquisite?

Comment

• Originally Posted by justf View Post
                Bit of a change of topic, but does anyone know if john parris ever used spiro joints, loke those used by osborn/exquisite?
                interesting...
                I have never seen one and not known him to have an official option for this type.
                Not to say that a customer may have requested said joint type.
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Got a jp cue with spiro join, me thinks I may have been done! lol

Comment

• there was a picture of a JP cue (IIRC) where the joint had been changed by request of the owner and the work was done a different cue-doctor. The joint was not spiro but another type.
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                      Ronnie O Sullivan pics up phone on his canal boat -

"Ello Parris me old china - how you doin its Ron ere - the rocket that made you famous sunshine - now do us a favor my old silver puddin and put the kettle on get in the back and pick us out 5 or 6 ultimates to try out pronto - I'm going for a 25 mile jog so I see ya in ten minutes - sniff!"

"But Ron they take two years to make I just cant get the wood and...

"Now then John boy don't give me that old wives tale - you not marketing to the masses now you know just badge me up any old cue with nice markings - whats the bleeding difference I can knock em in with a broom handle anyway - olright - fine now get a shufty on john boy n I see you in a mo jo - oh an if you see that Selby tell him he is a ponce."

Hangs up phone.
                      Lol..... Brilliant, that's the best thing I've read in ages!!
                      Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                      Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

I think this is why they want it.
                        This could be very true bud.....

But I would say it's got to a lot to with his marketing and business sense, supplying cues to certain pros you couldn't get a better advertising platform if you tried..... Very smart if you ask me!!
                        Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                        Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                          Lol..... Brilliant, that's the best thing I've read in ages!!
                          Lol same here. It's so true

Comment

• Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                            This could be very true bud.....

But I would say it's got to a lot to with his marketing and business sense, supplying cues to certain pros you couldn't get a better advertising platform if you tried..... Very smart if you ask me!!
                            Yes but I doubt that any of the top pros would use a cue just for marketing reasons.

Comment

Yes but I doubt that any of the top pros would use a cue just for marketing reasons.
                              No, and they wouldn't wait three years either they would just get one from someone else.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Most pros can play with any cue lets face it.

Comment

Working...
                                X