JPU Order - Status changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Most pros can play with any cue lets face it.
    Yes, they could knock tons with a yardstick

Comment

• Originally Posted by svendh View Post
      Yes, they could knock tons with a yardstick
      If an amateur player on youtube can knock in a 60 break with the end of a broom I'm sure pros won't have any trouble with a yardstick what ever the hell a yardstick is.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
        If an amateur player on youtube can knock in a 60 break with the end of a broom I'm sure pros won't have any trouble with a yardstick what ever the hell a yardstick is.
        Ten years waiting list: yardstick.jpg

Comment

Yes but I doubt that any of the top pros would use a cue just for marketing reasons.
          That's exactly right bud..... But they get a very different service than the everyday punter!!
          Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
          Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
            That's exactly right bud..... But they get a very different service than the everyday punter!!
            Lets not pretend that JP is the only cue maker that treats pros differently to the normal punter though eh!

And this talk that pros could use anything is also rather misleading. Yes they can play with any cue but the margins we are talking here are the difference between winning a tournament and just being an also ran.

Lots of players in the game have had trouble finding cues to suit them. Higgins, Maguire, Dott, Williams have all used various cues from lots of different cue makers in the last few seasons and none of them have been fully confident in them, despite the fact at times they are still playing well enough to knock in big breaks but snooker isn't all about scoring.

One thing I will say for JP, a lot of pros trust him and rate him and that for me says a lot about his cue making skills. He doesn't sponsor anyone or pay them to use his cues, pros simply go to him because he knows what they want and more often than not produces a cue that suits them. All players are aware of the various cue makers and options available to them and many do have cues made by them yet still JP is the most widely used cue amongst professional players and especially so at the highest level.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
              Lets not pretend that JP is the only cue maker that treats pros differently to the normal punter though eh!

And this talk that pros could use anything is also rather misleading. Yes they can play with any cue but the margins we are talking here are the difference between winning a tournament and just being an also ran.

Lots of players in the game have had trouble finding cues to suit them. Higgins, Maguire, Dott, Williams have all used various cues from lots of different cue makers in the last few seasons and none of them have been fully confident in them, despite the fact at times they are still playing well enough to knock in big breaks but snooker isn't all about scoring.

One thing I will say for JP, a lot of pros trust him and rate him and that for me says a lot about his cue making skills. He doesn't sponsor anyone or pay them to use his cues, pros simply go to him because he knows what they want and more often than not produces a cue that suits them. All players are aware of the various cue makers and options available to them and many do have cues made by them yet still JP is the most widely used cue amongst professional players and especially so at the highest level.
              To be perfectly honest I don't think many pro players give a monkeys about various cuemakers IMHO I really can't see many of them being that interested.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                That's totally right mate.....

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                One thing I will say for JP, a lot of pros trust him and rate him and that for me says a lot about his cue making skills.
                Of course, JP hasn't got that reputation for nothing he has been making quality cues for years and he totally deserves it!!

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                He doesn't sponsor anyone or pay them to use his cues
                I know he doesn't and he doesn't need too when like you say he knows what they want and he produces top quality cues for them....

I just think it's a little bit of a shame his lost that personal touch with cues because JP as brand has become very big. That's face it his quality control isn't always up to scratch and I've seen that many times first hand!!

But that's only my personal opinion and he can't doing it all that wrong cause his order books are full with all these waiting times!!
                Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                  That's totally right mate.....

Of course, JP hasn't got that reputation for nothing he has been making quality cues for years and he totally deserves it!!

I know he doesn't and he doesn't need too when like you say he knows what they want and he produces top quality cues for them....

I just think it's a little bit of a shame his lost that personal touch with cues because JP as brand has become very big. That's face it his quality control isn't always up to scratch and I've seen that many times first hand!!

But that's only my personal opinion and he can't doing it all that wrong cause his order books are full with all these waiting times!!

I see another parris cue recently that was the plain ebony one which he got recently and it looked ok from the distance but get up close and the top of the ebony splices were out by a fair bit.

I do think his cue's are great but i always find myself wondering if the splice work can be made perfect on an ultimate why cant that be replicated across the board....imho it show's less regard for the "cheaper cue's" in his range which is why i wouldn't buy one.

EDIT. Also there's a player who knocks a 147 in with a broom handle on youtube, his name is startrek i think

Comment

• Originally Posted by luke-h View Post
                    EDIT. Also there's a player who knocks a 147 in with a broom handle on youtube, his name is startrek i think
                    Do you have a link?

Comment

Do you have a link?

I tried to find the link but apparently his account has been terminated due to repeated community violations on youtube. shame because he was talented. im sure he will pop up again

Comment

...if the splice work can be made perfect on an ultimate...
                        there has been pictures of an Ultimate with atrocious splice-point mis-alignment.
                        (can't find the post at the mo)
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          there has been pictures of an Ultimate with atrocious splice-point mis-alignment.
                          (can't find the post at the mo)
                          I know it's not easy to get them 100 percent spot on, but with ultimate's your waiting and paying the premium, one would expect perfection. No wonder why people are looking elsewhere for their money.

Comment

• I don't think he knows what people want any more than any other cue maker, he doesn't get the specs and make one cue for a pro and then say here you are that will suit you down to the ground as I know what you want. The pros will be given numerous cues of the same specs and told to pick the one they like. It will be trial and error just like it is for us.
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Also there's a player who knocks a 147 in with a broom handle on youtube, his name is startrek i think
                              Originally Posted by svendh View Post
                              Do you have a link?
                              he's changed his youtube name but was discussed recently on this thread ...
                              http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ad.php?t=50359

Comment

• My cue's status has changed to in progress. What's the wait time now do you reckon??

Just for the record John has given me great service! He phone the other week to give me an update although I sense that he hates emails with a passion!

Comment

Working...
                                X