Anyone play with a OMIN CUE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Couldnt agree more Denja, I have just ordered some elkmasters so the temptation will be even greater, the only downside with the omin tips i have found(if you can get your head round the hard thud feel)is when very very tight on the cush you have to hit slightly down on the cue ball to stop the risk of "tip roll over"( which is a term i have just invented) i feel you can play with your cue much more level with an elkmaster on.
    I find that a little scuff up with a Cuetec Tool (Dont overdo it) and the Omin Red Tip is just fine I think it is a pretty good tip but you have to keep an eye on it a little more than other tip and chalk at regular intervals, it keeps its shape well. Like you I have the temptation of a brand new box of Talisman tips in my case but while the good breaks keep coming I am loath to change.

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
      Its very confusing. Isnt the Originalomin website the chinese version? I did notice it was selling the same cue models as the Thai website. If the originalomin is the main Chinese agent selling the Thai cues whats the address of the Chinese Omin website (the one that apparently makes good cues but not as good as the Thai?)
      The plot bloody thickens
      I should have explained that he is the agent for them in Malaysia. He has a snooker hall there I think and you can watch him practise on youtube. When I contacted him 4 yrs ago he was very thorough on details, down to balance point, joint position etc. From what I read on his website at the time he travels to Thailand himself from time to time to select the shafts that will be used for his customer's orders. They aren't cheap when you order this way but as ADR has said, the quality of genuine O'min cues is very good.

I beleive the website name refers to the fact that you can buy original omin cues through these people, not chinese ones. I would never point people in the direction of cheap chinese copies.
      Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Omin cue

I purchased my OMIN Cue from Andrew Gibbs and I think he did some research into them being real Thai Omin cues the finish on mine is natural oil and as Andrew stated when I purchased it a pukka hand spliced cue there is nothing hidden, I have heard that some of the copies of this cue are painty on jobbies, (Do any well known players use the Omin cue ?) think maybe some players in Asia may use them and Wattana has been involved with them in the past, and they are supposed to have a dealership in Australia

Comment

I've been looking for an O'min 1pc cue to buy for a while now. Just wondering if there was anyway I could purchase one from the UK used or new?
          Must of been a kick

Comment

Depends on which model you're after and what budget

Comment

An earlier thread suggested that if the cue badge had an 'R' next to the logo it was a chinese copy. This one on ebay appears to have the 'R' although its hard to tell for certain. If so its a chinese one but has the correct model name as a genuine Thai one i.e. the 'Perfect'
              http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2908796410...84.m1436.l2649
              "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Sent a couple of emails regarding having an Omin made, but doesn't look like its going to be easy.

Any help from anyone on here would be much appreciated!

Comment

Try ANDY GIBBS CUES Just type it into Google select items on his site ,he has a nice 3/4 Omin for sale hand spliced the cue would be of the peg but it is a beautiful cue (I own one)

Comment

Originally Posted by StuyFD3 View Post
                    Sent a couple of emails regarding having an Omin made, but doesn't look like its going to be easy.

not easy very difficult!
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by StuyFD3 View Post

Not had a response yet?
                      Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                        An earlier thread suggested that if the cue badge had an 'R' next to the logo it was a chinese copy. This one on ebay appears to have the 'R' although its hard to tell for certain. If so its a chinese one but has the correct model name as a genuine Thai one i.e. the 'Perfect'
                        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2908796410...84.m1436.l2649
                        That's not "R" on the cue, that's a very small "TM"

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
                          Not had a response yet?
                          No response yet, still chasing the dream

Comment

Originally Posted by Ct13 View Post
                            That's not "R" on the cue, that's a very small "TM"
                            Thanks couldn't see it properly my eyesights not that good but new something was there.

There you go then, anyone looking for a genuine O'min cue ther's one on ebay. Starting bid £75
                            "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                              not easy very difficult!
                              That's a shame as I love the look of there Classic round badge and Climax 3

Im thinking of going down the Dunns/Maximus route if I get no joy on a Omin

Comment

The lower range of omin handspliced cues are just ok. ie classic and perfect. When you step up the range you get a much more solid and better hitting cue that you will love. Id say look wise they are all nice, but playing terms id opt for the Imagine or a Union which definately hits well.

Comment

Working...
                                X