No announcement yet.

Anyone play with a OMIN CUE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

since we're on O'min cues... I recently got hold of an O'min O'Millenium. Anyone have any idea where those rank in terms of playability (with relation to the rest of the O'min range)?

Comment

Originally Posted by StuyFD3 View Post
      Sent a couple of emails regarding having an Omin made, but doesn't look like its going to be easy.

Any help from anyone on here would be much appreciated!
      I also sent an email and still no reply after 7 days. Looks like the only way to get one is buy second hand but they dont appear on ebay very often.
      "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

(nst Junior Member)Give us some info regarding its finish how it plays weight has it the Omin Red Tip ? as a Omin owner would be most interested.
        Last edited by denja; 26 March 2013, 08:09 AM.

Comment

well, its not a new cue so not sure what the original finish was like. it seems like it might have been lacquered, with the lacquer stripped away for oil finish on upper shaft (butt still seems lacquered).

Play-wise i prefer the single piece omin classic... not to say that this is bad, just find the classic balance more comfortable.

This piece that I have is probably 17.5ish in weight

I think it has a kamui tip at the moment.

Comment

I have a OMIN VICTORY 3/4 the finish on mine is beautiful just plain oil, purchased this cue from Andrew Gibbs, did not know what to expect but I have to admit it puts my other cues in the shade and it has become my main playing cue, it came with a adjustable mini butt that is great for those in-between type of shots when you dont need the big stuff,it had a OMIN ORIGINAL RED TIP Fitted I have since changed it for a Talisman (The Red Tip was ok ! but a bit rock hard for me) Are the Kamui tips all they are cracked up to be ?

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
              I have a OMIN VICTORY 3/4 the finish on mine is beautiful just plain oil, purchased this cue from Andrew Gibbs, did not know what to expect but I have to admit it puts my other cues in the shade and it has become my main playing cue, it came with a adjustable mini butt that is great for those in-between type of shots when you dont need the big stuff,it had a OMIN ORIGINAL RED TIP Fitted I have since changed it for a Talisman (The Red Tip was ok ! but a bit rock hard for me) Are the Kamui tips all they are cracked up to be ?
              Are the 3/4 cues jointed at 14 or 16 inches?
              "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

14.1/2 inches with air-loc type fitting and the OMIN LOGO Stamped deep into face of brass joint very nice fit.

Comment

Since we're on O'min

Its fairly easy for me to supply O'min cues here but the main problem is the price point.

Say for example the top of the range Hunter and 147 models will set you back easily £400 and that's not inclusive of shipping.

Now for the basic entry level of classic and perfect £150 exclude shipping.

Now how many of the guys on here would pay that kind of money given the large number of cue maker selection you guys have?

Comment

Originally Posted by Izzyfcuk View Post
                    Since we're on O'min

Its fairly easy for me to supply O'min cues here but the main problem is the price point.

Say for example the top of the range Hunter and 147 models will set you back easily £400 and that's not inclusive of shipping.

Now for the basic entry level of classic and perfect £150 exclude shipping.

Now how many of the guys on here would pay that kind of money given the large number of cue maker selection you guys have?
                    Do you know the prices of the Climax and Union range? These are not top of the range like the hunter. Plenty of folks are reccomending the Master Cue and GBL cues which sell for just under the £300. Would the climax and union cues fit into that price bracket?

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
                      Are the Kamui tips all they are cracked up to be ?
                      Personally? the control is there but i prefer mike's tips. the Kamui does shine if your game is based on close control

Comment

Working...
                      X