• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cue ordered

Just picked this up off eBay.

I think you will agree, that for the price I have got myself a good deal

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290880398703?redirect=mobile

Now, just the long wait for it to arrive, well 2 days, but it always seems longer when your waiting

Originally Posted by Rabbithunter View Post
    Just picked this up off eBay.

I think you will agree, that for the price I have got myself a good deal

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290880398703?redirect=mobile

Now, just the long wait for it to arrive, well 2 days, but it always seems longer when your waiting
    it is cheap for a cue case and extension but the quality is a bit of a gamble.

are you new to snooker?
    http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Yes im new to snooker. Want to see if I stick to it before I spend good money

Certainly cant be no worse than what im using at the moment

Comment

good stuff! make sure you post up a review of the cue when it arrives.
        http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

I sure will. Dont get me wrong. I know that I will not be recieving a top quality piece of kit like everything you get what you pay for, but a £300 cue wont mKe a beginner into a pro

Comment

You've got the right attitude, it'll be far better than the rubbish they sell in sports shops, and like you say if you stick with it and improve then you can make an investment in a higher quality cue etc further down the line. Enjoy and don't be too hard on yourself and you will improve the more you play...
            Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

No to be honest.....I dont. Buy cheap...buy twice I believe is the age old motto. Could have got a good quality old cue for not much more.

GT

Comment

Oh come on they look Ok for the money. I would advocate spending more but that's partly because I don't like the weight of the Chinese sets.
                You might be buying twice but I reckon as long as it doesn't fall apart you'd be pretty likely to find someone down your club willing to give you 25-30 for a whole set if you upgraded later. Even selling it on for 20 gives you a decent chunk back.
                I like nice things but I started with a painted mbs cue set and I'd certainly rather have one of those.

It's a game, we all enjoy it and if sets like that tempt more people into having a go then why not.

One piece of advice, but some decent tips and change the one that comes with it. Nothing wrong with an elkmaster starting out cheap either but likely the tip fitted won't be much good.
                sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

You have done the right thing if your just starting out keep it see if you like the game if you do get serious then invest in a good cue. Its better than going out or buying over internet a 300/400 £ cue only to find out you don't like it lose
                  £100 on resale then start again you see that every day on here done it myself. When you know what you like in a cue
                  Get yourself to either green size or craftsman cues and try out as many as you can then either buy one or if your 100%
                  Sure on specs have one custom made.

Comment

Fair point lads! Wasnt trying to ridicule him for the cheap cue but just suggesting a 'better' cue for only a little more money. But to be right, as I have always said, if you can pot those balls with it then what does it matter the cost?

All the best with your new set buddy and sorry if I offended in any way.

GT

Comment

Hey mate, I have just ordered the same cue (just not in the package). I am also really looking forward to using it as i've just started to play also! Enjoy

Comment

Not the same as yours but i ordered a Chinese package last year, much like yourself starting out, trying to find what I like, in my opinion excellent value for money, and actually a very good cue. I have since ordered a couple more, different weights, tip size etc just so i know what i want, 3 cues in total and spent no more than £100.00. Sold one on, my son is using one, and i have kept the first one as i like it a lot. Just saving the pennies now for a proper MW cue. I actually sold the case in the picture for £25.00, and the whole package only cost me £45.00.

These cues are a million times better than the first one I bought which was a Sports Direct special. Good luck and happy potting :snooker:

1.JPG4.JPG5.JPG7.JPG

Comment

Cheers guys.

Gtjohnnymac. No offense taken, within my main 'interest' (the clue is in my username) you have to be very thick skinned

I

Comment

Working...
                          X