Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cue .... Need help !!!

Hi all,

Im very new to this and was wondering if some of you with more knowledge then me could help. i have been playing now for a while with a standard riley cue i got of a friend, my game has progressed well so im looking to invest in a hand made cue for myself.

however when it comes to cue makers i dont know where to go.. I have heard john parris are the best but are they really ?? if you could point me in the direction of the best 3 makers that would be greatly appreciated :-) im not too worried at this point ill think about the money after i no the best makers !!

thanks !!

Mike Wooldridge
    Trevor White
    John Parris

All 3 make very good cues but would probably lean towards the first 2 as they are less "commercial" and make a brilliant cue.

Many other good cue makers out there now also of course that will deliver an excellent product.

Cheers

Comment

if you have read other threads on wanted "cues" etc I am going to give you the same advice I give to everyone else. Get diwn to and try a GBL cue. you have hundreds to choose from so you are bound to find the right cue fir yourself and GBL cues are as good as you get. even the best cuemaker in the world cannot guarantee you that a one off cue would suit you. TRY before you buy

Comment

Originally Posted by stevieboy1 View Post
        Hi all,

Im very new to this and was wondering if some of you with more knowledge then me could help. i have been playing now for a while with a standard riley cue i got of a friend, my game has progressed well so im looking to invest in a hand made cue for myself.

however when it comes to cue makers i dont know where to go.. I have heard john parris are the best but are they really ?? if you could point me in the direction of the best 3 makers that would be greatly appreciated :-) im not too worried at this point ill think about the money after i no the best makers !!

thanks !!
        Just recieved my Parris cue today. Really dissapointed with the overall quality. As John himself doen't work on them these days you would be well advised to shop elsewhere.
        I havnt hit a ball with it yet but already know I will be buying another cue and selling this on. Dont let the name Parris and the publicity hype fool you. I did and others on here have too and a lot have been dissapointed.
        "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Seems a bit quick off the mark to plan on selling it on, without even hitting a ball with it. .

What if it's THE one ? You play and it feels perfect, regardless of your visual quality check ?

You could spend the rest of your life looking for another cue to give you that perfect feel . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Billabong's spot on. The most beautifully constructed cue does not guarantee a cue that plays as well.

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
              Just recieved my Parris cue today. Really dissapointed with the overall quality. As John himself doen't work on them these days you would be well advised to shop elsewhere.
              I havnt hit a ball with it yet but already know I will be buying another cue and selling this on. Dont let the name Parris and the publicity hype fool you. I did and others on here have too and a lot have been dissapointed.
              Whats wrong with it exactly?

Comment

There's no such thing as the best cue maker or the top three, it's subjective to peoples views/experience, what i will say you'll have a better chance getting your perfect cue from a small team of workers ie Mike Wooldridge, Trevor White, Robin Cook if going the custom route but even that's a gamble, like said the best thing you can do is try out loads of different spec cues and you'll find one that feels right, GBL are excellent value cues at the highest standard of craftsmanship, some of the cues i've seen and played with are up there with JP utilmates/ Mike wooldridge legends that I've also had the pleasure to experience...
                Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Check ARD147 im sure he will have something to suit...

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
                    if you have read other threads on wanted "cues" etc I am going to give you the same advice I give to everyone else. Get diwn to and try a GBL cue. you have hundreds to choose from so you are bound to find the right cue fir yourself and GBL cues are as good as you get. even the best cuemaker in the world cannot guarantee you that a one off cue would suit you. TRY before you buy
                    Good advice , i,ve owned a couple of gbl cues and they are outstanding cues . If you are going to get one then i would,nt advise you without trying them out first as the resale value is quite a bit lower than new price , the same goes for a lot of cues .
                    If youre buying blind then i,d go for a T W , M W , Cook , Coutts , and a few others as you wont lose much money if anything if you decide to sell on .

Comment

I just bought a GBL cue and I'm very happy with it. The cue looks stunning and I've never played better. If you do a search on this site you will read nothing but good things about Green Baize cues.
                      Box the chimp.

Comment

thanks very much i appreciate it.. I was looking for trevor white contact but cant seem to find it anywhere???

Comment

I take it you're not in hurry for a new cue then?
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Old cue collector --
                          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                            Hi can you tell us why?

Comment

Hi Stevie I take it you have a spec in mind? You will be waiting a while on a cue from Trevor white mate and will receive very little communication as well as he is just so busy. I have just picked up my new 1 piece cue from raymo at exquisite cues Scotland and It is on par with any top cue maker and i have seen many Trevor white, parris and Osborne cues in my time ,and at a better price too mate mainly due to the fact that he is not as well established as your osborne's, parris etc .Dont make the mistake of thinking the bigger the name the better the cue ! He is on this forum mate Raymo147 give him a shout and hell sort you out with a quality cue that doesn't break the bank.good luck on your cue quest!!
                              " and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green. "

Comment

Working...
                              X