Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by culraven View Post
    It's like a health and safety spot the dangers photo! Lol
    Lovin' the wood shavings dangling over the gas heater . .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by Andy Travis View Post
      what a great pic. so you turn them from each end?

Comment

• Originally Posted by LucLex3119 View Post
        Oh no, a lathe and pre turned shafts in the corner. Wonder if the forum will react the same way as they did when a few shafts were seen in JP's shop? ��������
        Yeah, that struck me too. Lots of full length (fair play) roundies. Not saying Andy doesn't have squares sitting somewhere either?

Comment

• Originally Posted by focus View Post
          Yeah, that struck me too. Lots of full length (fair play) roundies. Not saying Andy doesn't have squares sitting somewhere either?
          Probably were in shot just before he made that pile of wood shavings on the bench / heater ?

Comment

• The block of wood in the vice has a v cut in it , thats used for planing and retapering . The lathe is mostly used for joints , ferrules , creating 3/4 cues out of one piece cues and some butt turning. What you cant see is the bandsaw to the left of the lathe , used for squares and cutting " exotics " for butt splices and veneers . I was in Andys workshop as recently as Saturday afternoon and trust me, Bill , the gas heater was NOT on ( lol ) . p.s. that Pear wood re-jig is stunning , Andy , it plays well and I am very happy with it , but I have put a softer tip on .

Comment

• Originally Posted by old school View Post
              The block of wood in the vice has a v cut in it , thats used for planing and retapering . The lathe is mostly used for joints , ferrules , creating 3/4 cues out of one piece cues and some butt turning. What you cant see is the bandsaw to the left of the lathe , used for squares and cutting " exotics " for butt splices and veneers . I was in Andys workshop as recently as Saturday afternoon and trust me, Bill , the gas heater was NOT on ( lol ) . p.s. that Pear wood re-jig is stunning , Andy , it plays well and I am very happy with it , but I have put a softer tip on .
              Thanks for the inside track. It's good to know these things. Lovely cues Andy. Who was Crispian Jones on about back in the day then, I can't see that thread now. Confused.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by focus View Post
                Thanks for the inside track. It's good to know these things. Lovely cues Andy. Who was Crispian Jones on about back in the day then, I can't see that thread now. Confused.com
                Surely as a new member you would not know about CJ attacking Andy with no evidence at all just a build up of vitriol....
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                  Surely as a new member you would not know about CJ attacking Andy with no evidence at all just a build up of vitriol....
                  Nothing slips past Columbo
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    Nothing slips past Columbo
                    You and try and be nice but they insist on getting themselves back into trouble!
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Scorpions ADR, can promise you what you want but in the end the sting will be used, we are what we are.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

The plot thickens..........

Comment

You and try and be nice but they insist on getting themselves back into trouble!
                          What returnee would this be? Mr angel ash per chance?

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                            What returnee would this be? Mr angel ash per chance?
                            What made you think that? posting on everything, talking crap, insulting long standing members, inciting arguments.......lol

Comment

• Customer wanted full cocobolo butt with black veneers only on the ebony fingers, never done one this way, first 2 splices easy the last 2 a bit tricky,

Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
                              Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
                              https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
                              S36 1LB

Comment

Last edited by Andy Travis; 12 May 2016, 06:45 AM.
                                Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
                                Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
                                https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
                                S36 1LB

Comment

Working...
                                X