Elkmaster Lifespan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elkmaster Lifespan

My positional play has recently gone awry and I thought maybe i needed another type tip to suit my play better and have bought an MW supertip. i have only used it for 3 hours but am not yet liking it. It has just dawned on me that the elk i used may just be knackered!

I would like to know how long you think an elkmaster (assuming you have a good one!) lasts before it requires replacement. I had this tip on since may/june 2012 playing at least 4 hours a week.??

Spike

my mate as them on for about 2 yr lol,but he dont mess with them spikes them now and again and slightly rough up

Comment

Back in the 70s I remember that the Elk was the chosen God of tips to use. Not much competition back then. Today however we often read how players will buy them buy the box and keep replacing tip after tip until they find a good one.

Is it just a case of the old boys refusing to move with the times or are the modern laminated tips not as good as the hype? Dont read of players trying haf a dozen laminated tips looking for a good one.
      "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

There is a way to test an elk before you put it on to save you the hassle of replacing them till you strike lucky, a scratch test so you can confirm the density of the tip before gluing on...

I'd say it's more a case of tried and tested for most which is why pressed tips are still the most popular in snooker, though laminated tips are improving so who knows what the future beholds in snooker based tips..?
        Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

i used to always play with a blur diamond which are more or less the same and they are ok for a while then the need constant tweeks to hold chalk, even a slight bit of humidity makes them go hard, whic is the reason i finally gave up the ghost and went to a talisman medium tip, imo its a more consistent hit and requires little to no help once its on. had mine on for 6 months now and its still as good as when i first got it and i play around 20 hrs a week

Comment

Working...
          X