Tony Drago's JPU on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Drago's JPU on Ebay

Just browsing on ebay and came across http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parri...item2329582f3e. Looking at the picture its number is 1702. In The Description it states what Drago has won while using this cue,

World Pool Masters 2003
    Mosconi Cup 2007 (winning all his single matches and claiming the MVP - Most Valuable Player award)
    Mosconi Cup 2008
    French Open 2008
    Predator International 10 Ball Championship 2008
    Other invitational events around the world (too many to list)

Surely that number can't be right on the cue if it was used back in 03? Im not saying the cues fake as i dont know im just puzzled about the JPU Number being that high

Spoke to him a couple of weeks ago , when he was practicing at a club near me .

I will see what i can find out , but the seller seems quite honest and knowledgeable in his description .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Yes he does seem legit, was just puzzled about the number being that high on cue if it used back then in 03. Unless JP did some work onit after it was originally made and re-badged it.

Comment

I don't believe cue makers re-badge their own cues again if numbered(especially JP), maybe he requested that number?
        Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Also , there is a cue that was once owned by the late great Alex Higgins on Ebay ??

Comment

This is not Tony's SNOOKER cue and in saying that the description is slightly deceptive.

Attached is a picture of Tony playing in the 2010 Welsh Open and as you can see the inlay is Blue.

IMG_0139.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
              This is not Tony's SNOOKER cue and in saying that the description is slightly deceptive.

Attached is a picture of Tony playing in the 2010 Welsh Open and as you can see the inlay is Blue.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13540[/ATTACH]
              Does the description say that it's his snooker cue? It's clearly an American pool cue. Surely nobody who's ready to drop nearly a grand on a cue would make that mistake.

Actually, that's the first JP pool cue I've seen. Kind of strange, really.
              Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

It says "Tony Drago's actual playing cue" nowhere does it say Pool or Snooker, not everybody is as knowledgable about cues as members on here, believe me there are some real dumb people out there with too much money to waste that will see the words "Tony Drago's actual playing cue" and immediately associate that with his Snooker cue after all when was the last time he played Pool.

Comment

Point taken. Some people do have more money than sense.
                  Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

Does Parris fit white ferrules as an option? I'm sure someone said on here Steve Davis has tried one for snooker...
                    Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

for the money he is asking i would want drago to play for me aswell. stupid money.

Comment

For that money it would buy you a new ultimate that has not been frashed about and pay for him to do a exhibition so not a unreasonable request lol

I dare anybody to send the seller a question asking this

Comment

if you watch him play pool on you tube it does look the same and on the parris site he does make these pool cue's, but for £900 start price you best be sure it's real

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
                            For that money it would buy you a new ultimate that has not been frashed about and pay for him to do a exhibition so not a unreasonable request lol

I dare anybody to send the seller a question asking this
                            Exhibition of some head banging would be nice...
                            JP Majestic
                            3/4
                            57"
                            17oz
                            9.5mm Elk

Comment

I am sure guys that this is genuine, so why all the negative comments? If someone who plays 9 ball wants a damn good cue then why not a Parris Ultimate?...no different from us snooker players buying one surely? If Tony used it then great....doesn't make the cue any better or worse than what it is...a JP Ultimate. Come on chaps...something is only worth what a person will pay for it surely.

GT

Comment

Working...
                              X