Finnish on top of range Master Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finnish on top of range Master Cue

Anyone know what type of finish you get on the Heritage and Connoisseur range of master cues?

Particually can you see the ebony butt under a wax or oil finnish or are they stained jet black and laquered?
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

I've got one (currently trying to sell it) and it's absolutely brilliantly finished, the one I have is oil finished though as I don't believe their top line of cues come lacquered :snooker:
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

What one are you selling will

Comment

Originally Posted by darrenlowe79 View Post
        What one are you selling will
        http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...-Cues-for-sale! masterpiece-s, I can do it for a better price than listed on the original post if you're interested.
        "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

They're definitely not stained or lacquered. I can see the grain on mine, and there are just a couple little stripes on the ebony. As I understand, it's extremely difficult to find completely black ebony these days.
          Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

The first modern (ish) cue I bought was a decent heritage !! It was coverered tip to butt in Lacquer and a painted butt which I promptly removed and it revealed a decent set of ebony splices uneven but ok !!! plus a one piece turned ebony butt , course I am not suggesting that all are like this ?? Just suggesting that they will always be overpainted and lacqered Why ?? If the manufacturer took more care in one process they surely would save in another ??

Comment

So does Ukrit etc not lacquer the butt? Never seen one in the flesh, only ever seen their pro butt and millinium range which appear to be oil finished on the shaft, with some for of lacquer on the butt...
              Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Bollocks just read the original thread and feel like a chump now !!! Just saw the word Heritage and went off on one lol

Didnt read read Master cue !!! However I did own a pro butt which was a great cue Jet black ebony but it was only any good once I had oiled it and finished it to my liking plus put a decent tip on :redface-new:

Comment

I don't think it's laquer on the butt. I think it's oil/wax.

Comment

It wont be wax or Lacquer !!! Although lacquer on the butt is OK in my book ?? Sure lots on here will disagree !! The shaft will be a decent quality Oil with a little bit of shellac mixed (type of french polish) Well at least thats what I use

Comment

Originally Posted by PetMarmoset View Post
                      They're definitely not stained or lacquered. I can see the grain on mine, and there are just a couple little stripes on the ebony. As I understand, it's extremely difficult to find completely black ebony these days.
                      I like to see a bit of grain and a few stripes. Shows its proper wood and not stained to look like ebony. What model do you have?
                      "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Hi , my cue is a cue craft hand spliced , I re-tapered it down to 9mil and cut it down to 56 inch for my pool and it plays really well , just also bought a one piece cheap overseas cue to trial not decided what tip to put on it yet ??

Comment

Originally Posted by tomeestrings View Post
                          Hi , my cue is a cue craft hand spliced , I re-tapered it down to 9mil and cut it down to 56 inch for my pool and it plays really well , just also bought a one piece cheap overseas cue to trial not decided what tip to put on it yet ??
                          Interesting but nothing to do with the original thread

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                            I like to see a bit of grain and a few stripes. Shows its proper wood and not stained to look like ebony. What model do you have?
                            Agreed Maverick! It's really nice to see cue makers allowing the natural beauty of the wood come out (as all the good ones do). I should say that there are only two stripes on mine and they're tiny - just an inch long and about a millimeter thick. They used some really beautiful ebony on this one.

It's a custom made cue. I had them make me a Burwat Champion inspired design with an amboyna burr front splice. It came out perfect. I posted pics on the cue pictures thread.

Comment

When you look at the cheaper machine-spliced master cues that craftsman are advertising on their website, they say that even these cues have the same top quality finish as the more expensive models.
                              Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Working...
                              X