Custom cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom cue

hi all, im after a new cue and im wanting to go for a hand made custom cue but what i cannot decide is whom to approach. the people on the short list are below and was really hoping for some feedback on some of the experience you all have had with these individuals. i know there are other cue makers out there but i would like to stick to the 4 chosen below. any of your experiences would be hugely appreciated, thanks in advance.

1.Trevor white
    2.Robin cook
    3.Stamford Cues
    4.Dave coutts

I would go with Trevor personally, never seen a bad cue yet.
    Robin is not taking orders so you can rule him out, not had experience of the other 2

Comment

Agreed, Trevor's work is immaculate and reasonably priced.
      All of the cuemakers above make great cues but IMO Dave coutts is expensive, robin is no longer taking orders. Stamford cues are great but Trevor wins hands down in my opinion anyway. Regards
      77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

I reckon Mike Wooldridge should be on that list as well, check his shop out, due to open soon.
        If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it – then I can achieve it.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          I would go with Trevor personally, never seen a bad cue yet.
          Robin is not taking orders so you can rule him out, not had experience of the other 2
          I noticed this too JRC, I wonder why?
          Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Wont go wrong with any of them , all great cue makers . I have had a few dozen Trevs and like J R said i,ve never had or seen a bad one .

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
              I noticed this too JRC, I wonder why?
              I think he is just too busy, getting thro the backlog before taking on anymore

Comment

You can add Crispian jones to that list ! The cue I have bought from him is on a part with any of the makers mentioned above and better than the parris I had !!! I will do a write up on the cue when I get chance , but it's possibly the best cue I have had and I have had a few cues over the years lol

Comment

Originally Posted by Powerbus786 View Post
                  I reckon Mike Wooldridge should be on that list as well, check his shop out, due to open soon.
                  hey powerbus i did have mike down as a potential but found his work was so expensive i really couldn't afford to fork out £700+ for a cue when the other cue makers are charging a lot less.

Comment

fella's thank you for the positive feedback much appreciated

Comment

Gbl cues are also top draw and great value for money , the only downfall is they lose a bit of money on resale .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                        Gbl cues are also top draw and great value for money , the only downfall is they lose a bit of money on resale .
                        To be fair though chances of getting rid of that cue is slim as you are able to try before you buy, so it should be a keeper. I've had many cues like yourself and these are as good as any I've tried. I've actually got another coming as I fancy trying an ash cue.

Comment

Put Steve Grice on your list. Serious !

Comment

Originally Posted by alanvdh View Post
                            Put Steve Grice on your list. Serious !
                            hey thanks for the heads up on steve grice, i didnt even know who he was untill your post. thumbs up alanvdh

Comment

Hi - I can vouch for Steves craftsmanship and service, recently had a 1 piece traditional style cue made for me by Steve. Steve was in regular comms, updating me on the cue progress and sending taster pics to tease me before it was ready :-)

As for the cue, it's the longest I've stuck with one before, previously all my other custom cues were of a high finish and quality but i never really took into account the hit/feel as i just didnt feel it with other cues, with this one it just seemed natural I didn't have to think about if and that's why in my opinion his cues are up there with the best.

His prices/turn around time are really good to. I think he's got a website now although I don't think it's complete yet.

Anyway hope that helps ^

Comment

Working...
                              X