Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your splice for a Trevor White cue especially 3/4 jointed cue, advice to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your splice for a Trevor White cue especially 3/4 jointed cue, advice to buy

I'm right now contacting Trevor White through e-mail, originally I thought a plain ebony cue would reduce the 50 weeks waiting list a little bit, but he told me it doesn't. So then I'm thinking what kind of splice shall I get with my new cue(I'm still a rookie on Snooker then want to have a great cue after considering the price compare to Mike Wooldridge and John Parris, I decide to have a Trevor White). I've been looking around in forum to see others splices but havent got anyone really like more than a plain ebony, so can I ask what kind of Trevor White cues splices do you have especially for 3/4 jointed ash cue. Cheers for every one who will reply.

lol i like the reduce the wait idea!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Personally I prefer the classic plain black ebony look, has a nicer shine to it. That is assuming you can get pure black ebony, seems to be getting harder to come by.

Comment

My favourite is a plain maple veneer covered with the same ebony.

Comment

You can't beat a plain ebony butt for a classy look IMO, but after that, I personally like a single splice over a thick veneer on cues.

Amboyna burr over a maple veneer has to be my favourite though.

Comment

If you haven't seen these before mike hope they are a help
            http://files.vandeweyerstudios.be/tw/

Comment

Originally Posted by MattCash View Post
              You can't beat a plain ebony butt for a classy look IMO, but after that, I personally like a single splice over a thick veneer on cues.

Amboyna burr over a maple veneer has to be my favourite though.
              That's my favorite as well. My cue has that design.
              Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

was wish it works but in fact not lol= =
                Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                lol i like the reduce the wait idea!

Comment

yeah, and I feel it looks even better for a 3/4 jointed cue than a one pc cue
                  Originally Posted by narl View Post
                  Personally I prefer the classic plain black ebony look, has a nicer shine to it. That is assuming you can get pure black ebony, seems to be getting harder to come by.

Comment

That's cool! black ebony splice and white maple veneer am I right?
                    Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
                    My favourite is a plain maple veneer covered with the same ebony.

Comment

Yes, and I also like the Amboyna burr over a maple veneer after I've seen a lot of splices in TSF, and also white black and white veneer.

Comment

Mike, if you're after something more intricate, I've always also liked four secondary splices with a single front splice over those (with maple veneers on everything). If you make the front splice ebony, pretty much any wood looks great on the secondary splices (cocobolo being my favorite).

I think you're going to get a lot of ideas. You've practically asked us what our favorite color is, so you're going to get a lot of varying responses. You may have already done this, but I bet you could find some inspiration on the "post pics of your cue" sticky thread. That's a fun one to read through.

Comment

Great help!! Thanks. honestly I've seen this, it was amazing that Trevor did so much wonderful splicings and then it makes me have idea whether to have a splice rather than a plain ebony or not..cuz the pics most are very complex which means will be relatively expensive and I'm just a student right now..T_T

Comment

That's awesome! I would like to try and see that post, I've seen some pages before cuz you know that one was a huge thread with hundreds of pages but as you mentioned, that's a fun one. Thanks for your adivce honestly ^_^
                            Originally Posted by PetMarmoset View Post
                            Mike, if you're after something more intricate, I've always also liked four secondary splices with a single front splice over those (with maple veneers on everything). If you make the front splice ebony, pretty much any wood looks great on the secondary splices (cocobolo being my favorite).

I think you're going to get a lot of ideas. You've practically asked us what our favorite color is, so you're going to get a lot of varying responses. You may have already done this, but I bet you could find some inspiration on the "post pics of your cue" sticky thread. That's a fun one to read through.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikezsm View Post
                              Great help!! Thanks. honestly I've seen this, it was amazing that Trevor did so much wonderful splicings and then it makes me have idea whether to have a splice rather than a plain ebony or not..cuz the pics most are very complex which means will be relatively expensive and I'm just a student right now..T_T
                              Are you dead-set on a TW? I only ask because you said you're relatively new to snooker and price is a concern. You may be just as happy with a GBL or a Mastercue. Both are very high quality cue makers who will make a cue faster and cheaper. That's certainly not a knock on TW - everyone knows he makes the best cues money can buy. But 50 weeks is a long wait time for what I assume is your first cue.

I personally play with a Mastercue.

Comment

Working...
                              X