No announcement yet.

Custom Tax Duty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes but there is individuals sending something and then there's these Chinese places sending thousands of packages out all Marked as gifts!
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
      sadly in this country you can abuse a child and get 18 months but you steal £500 from the taxman you will get 2 years minimum!
      bang on andrew

Comment

Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post
        bang on andrew
        it has always been the same, i remember watching crimewatch and in the same program a guy who had been abusing kids in a school he worked in for 30 years got 10 years and a guy who broke into a bank at night and stole 20k got 16 years!
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

If you are sending the items as "snooker cue samples" wouldn't that be a better description than "a gift" ?

Comment

I understand what you say about being illegal etc but there are two points of view here. Anyone in the business of selling cues and other snooker related stuff for a living will be appalled at the Chinese etc selling items at a much lower price.
            Customers looking to buy cheap, will in many cases not know they are doing anything illegal in buying a cheap cue from China for instance (although I appreciate ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law)

Some will knowingly take the risk and feel no guilt whatsoever after spending a lifetime of seeing our own politicians rob us blind for years and invent more and more ways to tax us for one thing after another whilst lining their own pockets with there over inflated expenses claims etc. etc. Don't get me started on this one ha ha.

Cheap curry and a cheap cue. Long live the Chinese
            "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
            X