Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice / Wanted - newbie cue

Hi folks

Im a newb to the forum but have spent a little time reading and researching cues, tips, lengths, weights and the rest that goes with buying a new cue (never knew it could be so complicated)

Anyhow, I like the reviews that GBL / Phoenix are getting. Im not looking to spend too much at this moment as im basically upgrading from a cheapie that I have used on & off for several years.
    Dont mind going 2nd hand as the verdict tends to be a slightly better cue for your money etc.

What do people think to my choices?
    Think I want a fairly average spec type = 58'', 18oz, 9.5-10mm tip etc etc
    Any suggestions / offers for sale appreciated.

Give Stu a ring at Green Baize , he sometimes has " second user " GBL cues in .As you are looking at a pretty standard spec it shouldnt be hard to source one.If you stick to standard specs and cant get on with the cue it is easier to sell on as opposed to a " custom ", non standard.Craftsmans at Kippax ( read threads) have two tables , 1x snooker & 1x english pool and have a huge range of cues , Phoenix etc and vintage, worth a visit to " try before you buy " , if I remember correctly Stu has these facilities as well.Depends on where you live and if you think its worth the petrol money.

Comment

old school, thanks for the reply
      I have heard good things about the above mentioned, think the trip is a bit much at the moment as im right down on the South coast, so would be a huge round trip. I will call Stu for a chat.
      Ta

Comment

Working...
      X