How to get your cue silky smooth ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get your cue silky smooth ???

Hey every1 just wondered if there where any home remedies you use to make your cue silky smooth as cant afford at the moment to send it off for a MOT

no quick solution I'm afraid but lots of elbow-grease
    as long as the surface is nicely sealed and not full of dents & scratches, then if the cuie needs it then a light (and I mean light) coating of raw linseed oil, wipe again to remove any excess, allow to dry, then buff with a dry cotton cloth till your elbow runs out of grease
    there are oils made by some makers, MW, DC etc and they have had good reviews.
    others like the "cue silk" but I have not used that. (not sure if it is formulated for varnish pool cues instead of oiled snooker cues?)
    you may be surprised how little an MOT could be from a cuemaker/doctor
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

U need some 2000 or 3000 grit and some of the stuff i use. Can spare u some but u pay the postage and i will send u some. I am in South Africa. See the thread Ultr shine. I have pics there. I maintain my own cues and they are all immaculate.
      Last edited by sanman; 24 April 2013, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Damp cloth then polish with a dry one , when dry use some cue glide or silicone spray , cue will be like glass if the finish is allready smooth .

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          no quick solution I'm afraid but lots of elbow-grease
          as long as the surface is nicely sealed and not full of dents & scratches, then if the cuie needs it then a light (and I mean light) coating of raw linseed oil, wipe again to remove any excess, allow to dry, then buff with a dry cotton cloth till your elbow runs out of grease
          there are oils made by some makers, MW, DC etc and they have had good reviews.
          others like the "cue silk" but I have not used that. (not sure if it is formulated for varnish pool cues instead of oiled snooker cues?)
          you may be surprised how little an MOT could be from a cuemaker/doctor

I've noticed mw and dave coutts oil on ebay but not very confident in doing it myself how much would an MOT Cost and who would u suggest ??

Comment

Working...
          X