anyone know details?
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

It looks genuine to me, although I've never seen a machine spliced

Terry
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Amazes me that every H O cue you see for sale is called a black plate what a load of rot.

Comment

They did do some machined spliced cues they were always in the rack at elephant & castle most makers back then had some in the range much like the Parris Master cue, to be fair though wouldn't call this a black plate as it was made before colour of badge was used to signify the range, and should just be considered as an early H & O machine spliced cue, and valued accordingly, though i suppose some would see it as still quite a rare cue as you don't see that many like this these days.
            Last edited by CueAntW147; 26 April 2013, 02:02 PM.

Comment

yep, I believe all Hunt & O'Byrne were all black text - whether a disc or square badge - I think it was when Hunt teamed up with Osborne that the colours came in.
              Were these machine splice cues the Aeon cues made on behalf of H&O? or just the spiral joint ones? I see that this one has the square stubby joint.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                yep, I believe all Hunt & O'Byrne were all black text - whether a disc or square badge - I think it was when Hunt teamed up with Osborne that the colours came in.
                Were these machine splice cues the Aeon cues made on behalf of H&O? or just the spiral joint ones? I see that this one has the square stubby joint.
                Hunt & O'byrne did bring in the coloured badges later on but this looks to have been made before it was optional back then to choose what joint you wanted there were various including the chunky Mick Rees joint the Aeon Spiro loc known as the quick release joint and a longer traditional style joint.
                Last edited by CueAntW147; 26 April 2013, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
                  Hunt & O'byrne did bring in the coloured badges later on but this looks to have been made before it was optional back then to choose what joint you wanted there were various including the chunky Mick Rees joint the Aeon Spiro loc known as the quick release joint and a longer traditional style joint.
                  thanks for the info, not seen any coloured H&Ob badges, shall have a look around
                  cheers

Comment

no probs green are quite common, trouble is the coloured ones usually faded so you couldn't tell what they were.

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
                      no probs green are quite common, trouble is the coloured ones usually faded so you couldn't tell what they were.
                      ah ha, so find any blank white disc-ed cues - Hunt & O'Byrne! he he he

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        ah ha, so find any blank white disc-ed cues - Hunt & O'Byrne! he he he
                        lol..........oh no what have you started can just see listings now badge faded but believed to be old H & O

Can usually still make out the lettering though even if colour has faded so we should be safe.

Comment

Auction finishes in about an hour so don't miss out on this extremely rare example

Comment

Working...
                          X