Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help....Fake Cue??

Hi all,
    Need some help from those who know over this cue. It was sold to me as a Phoenix Supreme Handspliced model.
    With the way the splice into the shaft looks (pointed) im under the impression that usually means its machine made?

it is a machine spliced cue.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Hi , the cue looks familiar was it bought from a ebay seller ??

Just had a look at my watched items where the only two pictures were the butt end and the the tip but not the splices ?? Plus the seller has no feedback record !! You paid £88 ?? It may turn out to be the best cue you ever owned but it aint hand spliced (well not ebony bits) I was thinking of taking a chance on it but thought better of it . My opinion , Full refund or approx £35 refund for deception !!!
      Last edited by tomeestrings; 26 April 2013, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Well it's not a fake cue at all, just that it's not a hand spliced cue as you thought/were told. Did you not see pics of it before you bought it ???
        Mind you it does have a hand spliced butt

Comment

it was on ebay last week, seller didn't put pics of ebony splices, went for a decent price i'd say though, if it plays nice i wouldn't worry about the fact its machine spliced.

Comment

Yep the ebony is machine spliced but the decorative splices look hand spliced. Difficult to tell from the photos.
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Just to Add , that cue is still a fab bit of kit , however cues are very personal and we often buy to try knowing that money wont be lost !! Or very little ?? If this cue went back on ebay with decent pics , I dont think it would have gone for £88 .. Lets imagine we placed an order for a specific cue and we opened the box on delivery and found it wasnt the specs we ordered !! Just dont think any person would get on with cue .. ??

Comment

Most of what has been said is spot on. I took a chance on an eBay purchase with poor pics. Should have asked for more. Seller had no visible feedback score but when looking further had positive from previous sales / purchases?! It is actually a nice cue, seems well made and is of reasonable quality. But from my point of view, it was sold as handspliced, and retailing at £220 according to seller? But upon arrival is clearly just machine spliced. From my point of view, I could get a machine spliced Phoenix at the same price I paid for this 2nd hand one. And the case mentioned onthe listing is poor at best. The seller states he accepts returns within 14 days, and an email today confirms he will refund. I'm just waiting on a response as to weather he will refund my postage for returning etc. he also states that he was selling for a friend!
                I guess you live and learn.
                Thanks for the replies

Comment

Hi , You have done nothing wrong and you are entitled to get your money back (if you want ? ) dont feel obliged to keep the cue if you dont think it will make your game better

Comment

Working...
                  X