opinions on this cue please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on this cue please

i recently bought this cue and noticed these marks on the shaft. they are smooth to the touch but i would like the opinions of the experienced cue enthusiasts on the forum as to whether this cue might have been professionally repaired before it was sold to me. its a beautiful cue and plays well but i wouldn't like to think somebody tried to swindle me.
    Attached Files

If they're smooth to the touch just looks like natural features of the wood. That first one looks like a dent but I've seen shafts before where you'd think its a dent but in reality isn't.

Comment

Nothing to worry about...

It's where there was a knot in the timber, or some sort of 'imperfection'... most cues have little marks, imperfections if you like, most ash cues have these little 'imperfections'.

Comment

yes it looks like a dent but its really smooth. the 2 marks are joint together to form kind of a point

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
          Nothing to worry about...

It's where there was a knot in the timber, or some sort of 'imperfection'... most cues have little marks, imperfections if you like, most ash cues have these little 'imperfections'.
          thanks for your reply cally. i can stop worrying about it now and get on with playing

Comment

Nothing to worry about mate. I have much the same on a stunning hand made Glover cue. See my photo.

Last edited by warren132; 29 April 2013, 05:23 PM.
            Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
              Nothing to worry about mate. I have much the same on a stunning hand made Glover cue. See my photo.

good to know, thanks mate

Comment

it's just a harder spot on the ash don't worry about it.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Hi , if you can imagine a felled tree and count the rings !! You will see that the nearer the middle , the closer the grain !! The outer parts , not so close !! with more imperfctions , like branches !! The birth of those branches will show when the timber your cue was made from , was cut near to the outer part of the tree felled . Also Imagine that typically A nice tree can take many many years to grow and a cold year can cause a tree to slow grow then several years of hot weather can make it grow stupid this will show up in the grain also !! Your cue has some lovely features , perfectly natural and gorgeous .

Comment

It is these small (I wouldnt quite call them serious imperfections) grain differences that give each cue their own unique character. Absolutely nothing to be concerned about. I meant as long as the cue is* straight and has the right feel for you, it's all good!

Comment

They are far from inperfections just natural beauty of the ash ! The quicker you realise the better you will play lol x

Comment

Working...
                      X