X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise on this seller please

I've found this seller on ebay
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Masterpiece...p2047675.l2563
    Has anyone bought from them. Are they likely to be any good.
    Thanks

Ian:

These cues are made in China. I've bought 4 of the 'Dark Horse' cues (not from this seller) as an experiment and they were just OK. The ash was not high quality and 2 of the cues arrived with very small ferrules even though their advert stated 9.5mm they were down around 8.5mm. The seller replaced them and I only paid shipping.

I found the prices listed on your link are a bit higher than what I paid (year ago) as I got them delivered for around $115(CAN) which works out to around 72GBP. They came with a cheap aluminium case and 2 extensions. I also found the butts to be a little larger at 31mm and I sanded one down as an experiment and the splices were enhanced by painting them and also the wood was very bad, with a lot of pits I had to re-fill when I finished the cue.

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Thanks Terry
      Think I'll leave well alone then. Ta.

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      Ian:

These cues are made in China. I've bought 4 of the 'Dark Horse' cues (not from this seller) as an experiment and they were just OK. The ash was not high quality and 2 of the cues arrived with very small ferrules even though their advert stated 9.5mm they were down around 8.5mm. The seller replaced them and I only paid shipping.

I found the prices listed on your link are a bit higher than what I paid (year ago) as I got them delivered for around $115(CAN) which works out to around 72GBP. They came with a cheap aluminium case and 2 extensions. I also found the butts to be a little larger at 31mm and I sanded one down as an experiment and the splices were enhanced by painting them and also the wood was very bad, with a lot of pits I had to re-fill when I finished the cue.

Terry

Comment

Its a very shiny advert they do eh!
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

The LP or Robin Scott packages would be a better option they are a dime a dozen on ebay...
          Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Working...
          X