Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burroughes & Watts + Hunt & O'Byrne Cues aquired. Info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burroughes & Watts + Hunt & O'Byrne Cues aquired. Info?

Dear All,

I have come into possession of 2 snooker cues through work and I wanted some info on them as I had never heard of these makes before. The first is a Burroughes & Watts one piece cue, looks to be standard size, quite old I would say. It has a black base with the letter 'B' etched on it, and there are the numbers 17 07 (one on top of the other) etched on the shaft (I will try and attach pictures to here but not a technophobe so lets hope it works! Will be easier than trying to explain them)

The second is a Hunt & O'Byrne one piece cue. Shorter in size by about 6 inches but very nice hand made cue. It has a black diamond inlayed on the base. Basically I just wanted to know whether they are useful for firewood or actually worth something. I have my own Mike Wooldridge cue so I have no need for either of them.

Thanks in advance for any information.
    [IMG]C:\Users\Hamish\Pictures\20130515_161609[/IMG] [IMG]C:\Users\Hamish\Picture\20130515_161620[/IMG][IMG]C:\Users\Hamish\Pictures\20130515_161643[/IMG] [IMG]C:\Users\Hamish\Pictures\20130515_161713[/IMG][IMG]C:\Users\Hamish\Pictures\20130515_161738[/IMG] [IMG]C:\Users\Hamish\Pictures\20130515_161753[/IMG][IMG]C:\Users\Hamish\Picture\20130515_161825[/IMG] [IMG]C:\Users\Hamish\Pictures\20130515_161847[/IMG]
    Last edited by ADR147; 15 May 2013, 05:27 PM.

can you e-mail me the pictures please adr147@hotmail.com
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Picture links not working. I would suggest the " 17 o7 " on the B & W is actually 17 oz and is the weight stamp.

Comment

Can somebody else put the pics up.

Comment

cant do anything till he either emails pics for someone to post or he as above 10 posts

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
            cant do anything till he either emails pics for someone to post or he as above 10 posts
            or creates his own photobucket account and paste the IMG links from there
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

The H and O sounds a little short !
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

a little worrying that a person with a MW cue would not know that B&W and H&O cues are not firewood

Comment

Are you a Fine Young Cannibal Dean?...................suspicious mind

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                    Are you a Fine Young Cannibal Dean?...................suspicious mind

have not heard that song for years

also looking forward to seeing photos of these two cues

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      a little worrying that a person with a MW cue would not know that B&W and H&O cues are not firewood
                      Have to agree with that.
                      The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Is that your new TW in your avatar Wayne ?

Comment

why?

plenty of people who can't make a twenty something break buy top range cues because they can afford them, all they know is it's top of the range stuff, like the golfer who has all the latest top gear but spends most of his time in the trees looking for balls

personal choice needn't be based on proper knowledge

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
                            why?

plenty of people who can't make a twenty something break buy top range cues because they can afford them, all they know is it's top of the range stuff, like the golfer who has all the latest top gear but spends most of his time in the trees looking for balls

I think members' are judging on past experiences on here previously .

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
                              why?

Plenty of people with nice cars can't drive very well . . . and plenty of people that are good drivers have crap cars.

And everything in between too.
                              My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                              I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Working...
                              X