Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burroughes & Watts + Hunt & O'Byrne Cues aquired. Info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Is that your new TW in your avatar Wayne ?
    Neil,

Nice to hear from you. No, not new. I got this from Trevor about 3 years ago. I removed my Will Hunt Black Plate #336 avatar a short while ago because I sold it.

Cheers, Wayne
    The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry
      why?

plenty of people who can't make a twenty something break buy top range cues because they can afford them, all they know is it's top of the range stuff, like the golfer who has all the latest top gear but spends most of his time in the trees looking for balls

personal choice needn't be based on proper knowledge

Couldn't agree more. Just because one isnt a very good player doesn't mean one cant appreciate a quality cue and get pleasure from owning and playing with one.
      "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Has anybody been e-mailed the pictures yet?

Comment

Dear All

Thank you for the info, and apologies for the delay in getting back on here but work has been rather hectic of late. I have emailed the pictures to adr147. Clearly my attempt at submitting them here was a massive failure.

PS - Dean, I am a pool player. I have a MW cue as he lives not far from me and offered to come down to the club and show me some cues as I was getting into more serious competition and wanted the best cue I could afford. At least then if I got hammered on tour I knew it was entirely down to me. I don't spend my weekends reading up about old snooker cues.

HA

Comment

Originally Posted by hammyali View Post
            Dear All

Thank you for the info, and apologies for the delay in getting back on here but work has been rather hectic of late. I have emailed the pictures to adr147. Clearly my attempt at submitting them here was a massive failure.

PS - Dean, I am a pool player. I have a MW cue as he lives not far from me and offered to come down to the club and show me some cues as I was getting into more serious competition and wanted the best cue I could afford. At least then if I got hammered on tour I knew it was entirely down to me. I don't spend my weekends reading up about old snooker cues.

HA
            no worries
            but a quick tinternet search would have indicated that these are not firewood
            looking forward to see the photos
            all the best
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yes looking forward to seeing photos. C'mon andrew.

Comment

Hope to see the photo soon as well, far from Malaysia......

Comment

errrgh am i meant to post em!
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

format will not let me do it - email me i will forward phots - basically a common B&Ws green badge cue and a H&O with butt splices that don't look right to me but hey ho what do i know!!
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      format will not let me do it - email me i will forward phots - basically a common B&Ws green badge cue and a H&O with butt splices that don't look right to me but hey ho what do i know!!
                      Andrew,u are one of the expert about cues, and I believe that u are also many people's mentor.

By the way,received the cue tips, thanks. Can't wait to use it on my cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by hammyali View Post
                        It has a black diamond inlayed on the base.
                        thanks ADR for the photos.
                        well this is what I thought it would be, nothing inlaid but just the ends of the four splices of tulipwood
                        (? so a machine spliced red plate?) showing the core of the ebony as a square/diamond
                        give me a mo and I'll upload them
                        Last edited by DeanH; 23 May 2013, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Comment

Thanks Dean, kinda makes sense now. The black/green/red refers to the colour of the writing on the plate I assume? The plate is faded a little but the writing is red. It looks a very lovely cue (haven't tried it yet) but pretty short, probably a good 5 or 6 inches below normal.

The B&W is quite a common standard one?

Comment

if your selling mate be interested in b&watts for my collection,also in the other one to lengthen into full size

Comment

To be honest it is unlikely I will ever use them, so any offers would be considered

Comment

Working...
                                X