Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping cue oil finish

Wats good to use on new cue to keep it oil finish

Just a give your cue a wipe with a damp cloth and dry it straight away from time to time......

A cue with a good finish on it shouldn't need anything doing to it apart from that.
    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Agree with you Jimmy .....never put anything on my cues after I read the post from Trevor White saying that it was not necessary .

Just a good rub on the shaft suffices
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
        ...Just a good rub on the shaft suffices
        Chuckles...

Not sure about some cues but yeah, I never put anything on my TW. No need to really. The finish is perfect as it is. To do so is akin to adding legs to the painting of a snake... i.e. pointless and worse still, the work of art is ruined.

A common wood finishing oil I've read is linseed oil. Thing is to apply sparingly and lots of buffing in between coats, lots.
        When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Yes it's a lovely finish just want to keep it in tip top shape thanks guys

Comment

I was the same when I bought my first handmade cue, but I've learnt on here it's best to leave it if it was well finished in the first place, my current gbl is a beaut and I don't believe I will touch it with anymore oil again...
            Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

On the Parris website, they list "Cue oil", which they say their cues are finished with...

On the bottle it says "Raw linseed oil".

Is this the exact same 'Raw linseed oil', available in Homebase for £6 or so for 500ml?

Comment

Originally Posted by humperdingle View Post
                On the Parris website, they list "Cue oil", which they say their cues are finished with...

On the bottle it says "Raw linseed oil".

Is this the exact same 'Raw linseed oil', available in Homebase for £6 or so for 500ml?
                yes but its more expensive in a dropper bottle :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                X