X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by paddybhoy30 View Post
    No my old man has an original.
    Sorry it was my half attempt of a joke
    I think the cue on sale is a facsimile but an old cue, hence " original facsimile"
    Can you get some pictures of your dad's?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

no the cue is an original not a facimile its just different by the morcues motif there wernt as many with that on,and if you have a cue with the morcues motif on as gd as this one will be worth a bit more than one without.

Comment

I don't think it has the motif. But has original red fibre ferrule.

Comment

if it as the same badge in gd nick normally worth about 280 ish

Comment

The new patent ferrule was some sort of red fibre.

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
              if it as the same badge in gd nick normally worth about 280 ish
              Well i think he paid 400 or thereabouts a few years back, so i doubt he would settle for much less.

Comment

image.jpg

image.jpg

Forgot i had these saved on my phone.

Comment

No my old man has an original.
                  The original - Walter Lindrum's actual playing cue is an Alcock cue - is held in the National Sports Museum in Melbourne, Australia.
                  My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                  I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

An original 1932 i meant. Not walter's actual cue. Or he would be quids in i imagine.

Comment

An original 1932 i meant. Not walter's actual cue. Or he would be quids in i imagine.
                      I know, I was just saying that Lindrum's original cue was an Alcock cue.
                      My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                        The original - Walter Lindrum's actual playing cue is an Alcock cue - is held in the National Sports Museum in Melbourne, Australia.
                        The first reference I have to Walter's cue is a press report in 1912 when he won one supplied by the Sydney manufacturer, Heiron and Smith, for an amateur "break" competition. It's not clear whether he subsequently used this cue, but there is mention of the one he was using in the early 1920's being 15 or 16 oz in weight. (depending on which report you read.)

In 1926 there is reference the Lindrum brothers playing with new cues which were fitted with brass ferrules and variously described as being either 18½ or 19 ounces. In 1931 he was reported as travelling with four cues, his favourite being made by Alcock from English Ash, which almost certainly refers to the 1926 cue.

During an exhibition match at Brisbane in 1936 he "broke the top of his favourite cue," although something which claims to be the same cue (the one which he used for his 4,137 break) was auctioned by Phillips in London in 1982, and sold to a private buyer for £130. Perhaps it was the original 1926 cue which had been repaired/cut down, or perhaps one of his spares, or even something else altogether. It would be interesting to examine the cue in the National Sports Museum for signs of work at the tip, although I believe his sister, Dolly Lindrum, also claimed to own his personal cue.

It is known that during his later career as an exhibition player, he used to travel with a number of cues which he would sign and donate to raffles, etc. I am told, although have no confirmation of this, that he would also play the exhibition with one of these cues rather than taking his own on his travels. Consequently there could be a number of cues out there which could come under the category of Lindrum's personal cue.

Comment

Thanks 100-uper . . . very interesting.

I just know he had an Alcock cue when he gave a billiards display to the King of England in 1931.

Llndrum took out a cue, and the King said: "So you have an Alcock cue? How Interesting. I still have an Alcock cue presented to me by a Melbourne firm 50 years ago. Here it is."

Feb 19th 1931

Source: http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/16756278

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                            Thanks 100-uper . . . very interesting.

I just know he had an Alcock cue when he gave a billiards display to the King of England in 1931.

Llndrum took out a cue, and the King said: "So you have an Alcock cue? How Interesting. I still have an Alcock cue presented to me by a Melbourne firm 50 years ago. Here it is."

Feb 19th 1931

Source: http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/16756278
                            fantastic snippet there
                            cheers for linking it
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

What about this
                              http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Wa...item20d3a15917

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                i would have bought that if i had seen it.
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X