Jason Owen Cues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Owen Cues?

Can anyone give me some feedback on their experience of purchasing / specifying and using a custom made cue from Jason Owen? How do Jason's cues compare to those of other top cue makers?

Thanks,

Steve
    Highest 109, Matchplay 70, Line-Up 125... all a long time ago.

In a short space of time then Jasons cues are up there with the very best cues in my opinion.

http://www.jasonowencues.com/
    Last edited by warren132; 5 June 2013, 07:39 AM.
    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

I had ideas for a custom cue from Jason.

Before an order was placed, Jason talked me through what I requested,
      guided me when it was required ( moving from Wenge /ebony to full wenge butt )
      and basically communicated very well throughout the process.

Cue arrived slightly ahead of schedule, finished exactly to my dimensional requirements.

Most importantly, plays well too.

Overall experience was very positive, although I can't compare to other top cue makers, as it's my 1st custom cue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I ordered a Cue Guru cue around 18 months ago and haven't looked back since..the cue plays superb and i have made more centuries since owning it than any cue i have had before..Buy with confidence the cue is still as straight as an arrow and looks as good as new.

Comment

I managed to pick a cue up from him and it's absolutely superb. I've owned cues by many many top makers and his was just as good, if not better than many I've had in the past. Very, very good cues at a very, very good prices :snooker:
          "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

simply put just class

Comment

Not got anything bad to say about the cue I have from him. Stunning and plays great. Nice guy too.

Take a read through the Cue Guru Cues thread on here, lots of people have posted feedback of their cues.

Comment

After seeing a friends cue (awesome btw), I ordered one from Jason. My dealings with him so far have been first class. Very easy to deal with, but he's getting busy by the looks of things. Which is a reflection of the quality of his work.

Just waiting for the finished article, but don't want to rush a potential masterpiece.

Comment

Not much more I can add to this thread already, agree with what all else have said. I was looking to have a cue built & contacted most of the big cue makers & can say that Jason was the one that went most out of his way to answer any questions I threw at him. I knew of his reputation through the forum so knew my cue was in safe hands. As for workmanship, I can honestly say I've not picked up a cue that feels more right (for want of a better word!!), solid feel striking through the ball, nice weight distribution, quality wood & a great attention to detail in his work. I've played with a friends cue from a cuemaker (who I won't name) that is regarded quite highly here & I can safely say that Jason's work stands head and shoulders above his.

Comment

Look at the cues on his web site, absolute stunners, I was blown away by them.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Another thumbs up from me. In my experience, Jason is a great bloke to deal with and produces fantastic cues on time for a very reasonable price.

Comment

I've had my Jason Owen cue just short of 2 months now and I can't fault it and neither can anyone else who's had a few shots with it. The quality is brilliant plus It's found my confidence again which I had lost for the most of the last pool season. My potting and everything seems to be back lets just hope it continues lol

Comment

Working...
                        X