Shaun Murphy New Cue Bulgarian Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
    Has Higgins got a new cue ? Heard the commentator mention him getting used to it ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Made by Raymo of Exquisite cues.
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
      and he is looking in good shape playing with it as well

Comment

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
        Oh THAT cue. . Sorry Raymo, I lost track . Thought there was another one after that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Murphy looked to be struggling with his cue this morning. Every part of his game looked bad, I doubt this cue is a keeper. Wasn't just a bad day at the office, just seems to be a cue that is massively different from his old one and it must be a concern to him. Makes his comment in that video where he says its just a bit of wood look a bit silly, doubt he is thinking that now!

Comment

Ah yes that comment
            His game did not flow as well as we expect from Shaun but to me I would not put it all down to the new cue.
            Did someone say it is very hot humid in the stadium?
            Any TSF members there in person?
            Anyway I hope Shaun settles with the cue soon.
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
              Unless your names John Higgins that is. He seems to be like his namesake Alex when it comes to being incredibly picky and always pratting around with his cue.
              To be fair to Alex his original Burwatt Champion that he won his first world title with in '72 broke in '73 and he basically spent the rest of his career looking for something similar. Although he sometimes reached great heights with some cues, consistancy with any one cue left him.
              Alex used to have very thin tips on his cues, would use other peoples cast offs a lot of the time, so inevitably there was never any dampening effect to take some of the shock of the shot out of the wood and inevitably the tip end shattered and there was no saving it.
              Lesson to be learned there I think, especially for those who use super hard tips. Still if you're not playing eight hours a day, seven days a week your cue should last a lifetime barring accidents.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                To be fair to Alex his original Burwatt Champion that he won his first world title with in '72 broke in '73 and he basically spent the rest of his career looking for something similar. Although he sometimes reached great heights with some cues, consistancy with any one cue left him.
                Alex used to have very thin tips on his cues, would use other peoples cast offs a lot of the time, so inevitably there was never any dampening effect to take some of the shock of the shot out of the wood and inevitably the tip end shattered and there was no saving it.
                Lesson to be learned there I think, especially for those who use super hard tips. Still if you're not playing eight hours a day, seven days a week your cue should last a lifetime barring accidents.
                He went through tons of cues and its been said that even when he thought he had the perfect cue he still messed around with it, adding or removing weight, jointing them etc. There's that story of an Australian player meeting him and Higgins fancied going for a game of snooker, the ozzie didn't have a cue with him and Higgins said pick one out of the cupboard and when he opened the door of the cupboard there was allegedly a ton of cues (mainly champions) in various forms of alteration. There was a vid clip showing him a while back in an interview with a maple mannock that he was playing well with and he said it was a cardinal sin for him to be using maple.

Comment

Murphy has been working , with Chris Henry. so maybe he's using an accurate Cue?

Comment

Originally Posted by Gary Freeman View Post
                    Murphy has been working , with Chris Henry. so maybe he's using an accurate Cue?
                    Didn't look like an Acuerate cue to me
                    Hopefully someone may have asked him and will let us know.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      Didn't look like an Acuerate cue to me
                      Hopefully someone may have asked him and will let us know.
                      played like one to be fair, ****!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                        Now that is a leading comment

Comment

Originally Posted by Gary Freeman View Post
                          Everyone coached by that guy seems to have tried one of those things at some point. The reviews they got on here a while back said it all, complete pish.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                            I'm guessing in that case it's not one of yours then Mr Parris haha :snooker:
                            "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Surely Murphy would be better off trying to source another similar cue .

Think there may be a few regulars on here that could help him .
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                                Surely Murphy would be better off trying to source another similar cue .

Think there may be a few regulars on here that could help him .
                                yes for a price

just add another zero

Comment

Working...
                                X