Pro's changing cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro's changing cues

Don't know if this has been asked before or not.

What do the likes of Maguire & Higgins do with their old cues, when they get new ones, I know quite recently, both of these two pro's have been many using a few different makes of cues.

Originally Posted by itx View Post
    Don't know if this has been asked before or not.

What do the likes of Maguire & Higgins do with their old cues, when they get new ones, I know quite recently, both of these two pro's have been many using a few different makes of cues.
    Same as we do- let them lay about until the wife complains about the clutter, then sell them.
    The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
      Same as we do- let them lay about until the wife complains about the clutter, then sell them.
      Lols..... With a signature on it will be value added.

Comment

Originally Posted by andywong View Post
        Lols..... With a signature on it will be value added.
        depends, some signatures could ruin an otherwise lovely cue
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

If any pros want to get rid of their old cues please let me know . . .

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
          I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by itx View Post
            What do the likes of Maguire & Higgins do with their old cues, when they get new ones,
            You'll probably find them stuck up some poor unfortunates arse

Comment

I suspect they hang on to them for awhile with the 'just in case I have to go back to it' feeling. I know Shaun Murphy's cue got damaged and he had to but Higgins, Maguire and the rest of them I don't know. I guess the same as us, looking for 'THE' cue.

I think they all have in the back of their minds what happened to Hendry and Robidoux when they lost their long time playing cue.

Terry
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Graeme Dott never keeps more than one cue as he feels that if he plays poorly then he will be tempted to swap cues around.

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
                  Graeme Dott never keeps more than one cue as he feels that if he plays poorly then he will be tempted to swap cues around.
                  Heard a few people say that before, one of the reasons im selling my burwat and sticking with one cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
                    lol oh how many should actually do that!
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                      I like this perception...

It's a good idea having one cue only, but in reality it's very hard not to succumb to temptation of a purchase of quality craftsmanship, need a strong mind...
                      Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
                        Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                        I like this perception...

It's a good idea having one cue only, but in reality it's very hard not to succumb to temptation of a purchase of quality craftsmanship, need a strong mind...
                        Or a strong threat of divorce
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          Or a strong threat of divorce
                          "I'm sorry love I'm choosing the cues, I'll help you pack!" =p
                          Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Working...
                          X