Cue Badge Design?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue Badge Design?

As some will have seen I've been having a go at making cues. Been toying with having a few badges made just to finish them off. The design I have come up with is attached. Could you post any comments. Also the background rather than being white will be ivory in colour. Cheers

Cue Badge Design?

very nice
    is there are particular reason for stylised eagle?
    make sure this is not a copyright issue
    only two comments
    1 move the eagle down a bit so it is visually centred between the text.
    2 instead of the complete circle on the outside maybe have it as two arcs between then upper text and lower text - if you see what I mean.
    also have you thought about having your country/county instead of "handmade cues" ?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Great badge Adam but dont run before you can walk. some of your early creations may come back to haunt you. Be sure your happy with the quality of your workmanship before you put your name to them.
      "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Hi
        Because the badge is only about 15mm diameter I think u may have too much detail on the eagle. It's to small to show individual feathers etc. maybe the wording could be a tad bigger. Just my opinion but i did have a customised badge made and sent to a cue maker and it turn out not what i envision it to be when in actual mini size put on the cue butt.

Comment

Dean
          Thanks for the comments. The eagle is the polish coat of arms, which is where my family are from so wouldn't have thought any copyright infringements.
          I see what you mean about it being centred.
          As for the arcs, I'll have a look and see
          Ps the text is a better size at scale.
          Maverick
          This isn't something I would put on every cue, just those that come out visibly perfect. I'm not going to rush out cues just to badge them.
          Jyk
          I uploaded the blown up version. I also have a to scale 16mm version which I made on illustrator which has some of the detail taken out so in theory it should be ok. The overall design concerns me, as I've been told that the minimum order is ten so want to make sure that I'm happy with it before essentially to limit the chances of not likening it upon completion.

Comment

who are you going with for the badges?
            I take it they will be back printed clear Perspex?

Comment

Was going to go with the same guy that jrc used (seems a little expensive though). He uses laminate, unless you know of anyone else that could do them. I'm not to fused what they're made from as long as they look good.

Comment

do you mean Tony Glover?
                have you asked http://www.ryderandchaddock.co.uk/
                others have used them.
                also "Karl" on TSF seems to have the ability to create badges, I will check his name in a mo

Karl is "Exile" here on TSF, he seems to be able to make embossed badges, ?

see http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ighlight=exile
                Last edited by DeanH; 22 June 2013, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
                  Was going to go with the same guy that jrc used (seems a little expensive though). He uses laminate, unless you know of anyone else that could do them. I'm not to fused what they're made from as long as they look good.
                  Unless you order lots at a time, £6 each wasn't too bad. 10 or more is £5 each, 20 or more is £4 each
                  Do you know if he can do your design ??? or is it just text he does ???

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    Unless you order lots at a time, £6 each wasn't too bad. 10 or more is £5 each, 20 or more is £4 each
                    Do you know if he can do your design ??? or is it just text he does ???
                    I've messaged him about it and he said that it wasn't a problem to do the design I had. The only problem I had with ordering was that he wasn't willing to make one for me to check and then order the ten that he said was the minimum for a 'cue maker'

How good would you say the badges are quality wise?

Dean, It would be a similar problem with R&H as the initial setup cost would be quite large if I didn't like the badge when complete.

I think Tony would be too expensive for this

Comment

sorry who are you discussing? Not TG and not Ryder & Chaddock?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        sorry who are you discussing? Not TG and not Ryder & Chaddock?
                        It's this guy: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1211291960...84.m1423.l2649

Comment

ah

Comment

The badge works for me and obviously the inclusion of the eagle for your heritage should be retained as this is personal to you and part of your identity.I agree with Dean about " centreing " the eagle and may I suggest that perhaps colour is not needed and only adds to the cost . Traditionally I would suggest that there are more plain black lettered badges ( as well as litho based picture badges ) than coloured , so maybe plain is better. Good luck in your venture , its refreshing to see someone new and so enthusiastic emerging , especially as you seem to actively seek help and suggestions on TSF , something other members should have done , in the past.Keep it up and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
                              ... How good would you say the badges are quality wise?...
                              Well for materials used i would say very good. I never thought to ask for a different colour background, ie the White is a little bright, maybe cream (if available) would look better ?? Plus never going to look as classy as an engraved badge but they are a lot more expensive for a one off. By the way Sanman got them from Ryder for around £4 each but he ordered around 20, so it's the set up cost of the machine really you are paying for, not the materials used.
                              I have already been turned down by a cue maker to get it fixed so looks like i may have to give it a go myself lol
                              Am going to ask Tony Glover 1st tho for a price to make and fit a badge, just to satisfy my curiousity

Comment

Working...
                              X