Making a cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a cue

Hi guys, I have been thinking about making my own cue but I have no idea how it would be done. Could someone please explain how.
    Thanks

Ben

I don't think anyone will tell you exactly what to do. I asked a similar question a few weeks back, you can see the responses I got:
    http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...on-making-cues

Comment

Okay thanks I'll take a look

Comment

Are you supposed to splice the butt separately from the shaft? If so how would they be put together without a joint?

Comment

Mike Wooldridge did a series of youtube vids showing taking a square section down to a tapered dowel, and beyond, see if you can find them
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by liltaz222 View Post
            Are you supposed to splice the butt separately from the shaft? If so how would they be put together without a joint?
            There are two ways to make a cue, a one pice where you directly splice the butt onto the shaft. A jointed cue normally a 3/4 these days can be done the same as a one piece and then jointed afterwards or by using a shorter shaft, splicing the end. Then for the butt section using a solid piece of timber on to which you can splice if you want and joint them together.

Comment

How would you splice the butt onto the shaft? If you can find pictures or a video explaining this then it would help thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by liltaz222 View Post
                How would you splice the butt onto the shaft? If you can find pictures or a video explaining this then it would help thanks
                I think if you have to ask, this could be beyond you lol

Comment

I know I will be able to do it I just don't understand how it would work.

Comment

As I said before no one will tell you definitively how make a cue. Splicing is a relatively common woodworking method for joining. It took me about 6 months to figure out angles etc before I even starting cutting the wood.

Comment

Okay thanks.

Comment

Here you mate, gives you a great idea of how to do it, then just hone it to get best results, good luck
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_RJUcyvr_s

Comment

Thanks I think I'm starting to understand it more. Time to put it into practice

Comment

Going to go and buy wood on Monday

Comment

lol luv it dead simple. Think B&Q open at 8am
                              "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X