No announcement yet.

hand made case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one was made with vinyl outer which still took some stretching, is more resilient than I thought it would be. The next one I'm going to cover in leather.
    Once I worked out what shape to cut the corners before stretching it, it was much easier, although still not easy.
    The inside is suede.
    This one is made in MDF which is quite heavy, the next one is birch ply.
    Last edited by YDJ; 3 July 2013, 12:37 PM.

Comment

looks good but im not doing leather only wood and trying to keeep the case light i also was thinking out of mdf but changed my mind will post some pic up when this one is done fully

Comment

Originally Posted by mel147 View Post
        ok kl they look good where did you get them from
        Found them in ebay, under "brass snake hinges". They are right at the limit for my case for the
        distance from the hinge pin to the kinda mouth of the snake ( depends on the depth of your lid, if it'll stick out ).

I think they're discontinued stock from B & Q.

Cases looking good btw, I've got one from Toger taft, and the ongoing refurb, which is 1 piece of mahogany ( fails in your lightness quest ! ).

Keep up the good work.
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

While we're in the case discussion, does anyone here own the one in the attached picture,

or know who can make a similar one ?

It was like a modern take on the old tin cases, made of stainles steel, and looked great.

Lost out on auction for this one. Sorry the pics are V.small

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

i think i could make you one mate i have just made my own extentions for the shaft for my tw cue lol will post some pic can u send me some pic of this case to my email mate

Comment

Hey guys not been making the cases for some time now as had some problems at home im about to start making them agen and hopefully start selling them soon hooe to keep you all up dated soon

Comment

if you have one of the hand made wooden cases i would love one please email me at priesty73@hotmail.co.uk thanks

Comment

I will do in jan as just got alot on at the moment but you will be first on my list mate

Comment

ok mate that would be great let me know when you can do one many thanks mick

Comment

I made one today out of soft wood and used an oil on to make jt goldon and it come out so nice just waiting for some foam to put in it as it was a bit wider as soon as I can will upload some pic on here so you can let me no wat you think

Comment

How heavy is it? Take it that's why you have used soft wood?

Comment

I am after a case for 3/4 cue, if you have any pics of cases that you make please email me at justinfatz@yahoo.co.uk thanks

Comment

Made it out of soft wood as I love the way it looks when oiled up and made it wider as it just looks so good lol do you have a phone I can send it to as laptop is not working at the moment

Comment

Here are some pic of the case it took 1 day to make and just needs some more oil put on a d then the sponge for the case wich is going to hold 1 cue the spec of the case out side is lenth in cm all of it length is 152 cm width is 19 cm depth is 6 cm in side of the case is length 148.5 cm width 6.5cm depth 2cm let me no wat you all think this will prob be up for sale at a good price if any 1 wants to make an offer hope you like it

Comment

It looks alot better in person lol

Comment

Working...
                                X