Borroughes and Watts Ye Olde Ash cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borroughes and Watts Ye Olde Ash cue

I have recently inherited a Ye Olde Ash cue, I think it was bought between 1925 and 1930 and the badge says Newcastle upon Tyne tho' B&W say they have no knowledge of any such cue which I found odd as there are pictures of such cues on the net. I have joined the forum hoping to fill in the blanks in my knowledge. The cue belonged to my father who passed it on to his son in law who has passed it back to me so I know it is the genuine article.
    Cheers Spugs

Is the shaft of the cue quite a red colour ??? Any pics ???
    If so and it is genuine you have struck gold, don't go selling it too cheap, it could be worth very big money

Comment

Ohh by the way the B&W you contacted are not the same people

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        Is the shaft of the cue quite a red colour ??? Any pics ???
        If so and it is genuine you have struck gold, don't go selling it too cheap, it could be worth very big money
        Yes it is quite dark for ash, I also have the original case but have ordered a new one as the metal is dented and I wanted to keep the condition as good as possible.
        New to this site how do I post pictures, sorry

Comment

It was Burroughes and Watts in Sutton Coal Field, is there another?

Comment

send them by email to other people and they will post for you ,my email is james.evans1950@talktalk.net if you want to send,jim

Comment

What is BIG money? Sent pics to be posted

Comment

The Burroughs & Watts who made your cue was wound up as a company around 1967 .The Sutton Coldfield B & W has no connection , whatsoever. Good examples of Ye Olde Ashe fetch very good money , 1st Editions because of their rareity and 2nd Editions owe some measure of popularity to being associated with Steve Davis . Nice playing cues in their own right though . Type " Ye Olde Ash " in the advanced search box , top right of the page and enjoy the read.

Comment

Who did you send the photos too?

Comment

I would like to see the pictures too.

I have only ever seen one Ye Olde Ash Newcastle on-Tyne.

Let me know if you are thinking of selling it.

Last edited by mythman69; 25 June 2013, 09:33 PM.
                    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

pics

because of how you sent pics i cant copy and paste,but it looks like a 1st ed

Comment

Sounds good . . . .
                        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                          because of how you sent pics i cant copy and paste,but it looks like a 1st ed
                          Jim, if you can open the pics - press 'Ctrl', 'Alt' and 'Prt Sc' and then paste into paint. Save as a jpeg.

Comment

not that computor literate sorry tried,he might have to send to someone else or in a different format

Comment

Can you give him your email mythman. It would be nice to see this rare cue.

Comment

Working...
                              X