No announcement yet.

Fake cues everywhere, I have an idea !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting thread. With the whole cue fraud thing going on, i have decided from now on to start a numbered range of cues. These cues(similar to ultimate and black plates) will only have the very best possible woods and will cary a black plate with white writing and a number stamped into the wood just above the plate. My white plate cues will have the same handmade process used so far and offer exceptional value for money.
    "Don't think, feel"

Comment

A microchip is a great idea but how many people would be bothered about buying a cue with no certificate ?

Personally i would , as i know the cue would not be a fake . Might be a great selling point for top of the range cuemakers to guard against fake cues .

But others might not be too bothered , unless you could track the cue with a microchip . Much the same as with a car .

Good luck with the launch .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Would the chip be trackable ?

Comment

Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post
          Would the chip be trackable ?
          Stephen Lee etc would be more concerned if it was edible .

Comment

Sounds like a good idea (in principle) I would defo consider getting my MW micro chipped. If the technology was cheap enough, maybe our clubs could get a reader fitted and scan every cue entering the premises!!!! It may take a few years to install all the bits'n'bobs but it could work!!
            You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
              Stephen Lee etc would be more concerned if it was edible .
              Brilliant Neil ........PMSL
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
              X