Sidney Smith tournament cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidney Smith tournament cue

Looking for any information on this cue. It's in excellent condition given it's obvious age, unferuled, 58" and stamped 17oz.
    Would like to know it's age, who made it, value and if the fact that the weight stamp being side on makes it rare as i've never seen this before?
    Cheers
    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Never seen one with that butt design before

Comment

It seems to be a single piece of mahogany or similar wood, don't know what wood the shaft is but it doesn't look like maple?

Comment

the wood is hornbeam by looks of it,most sydney smiths are sideways stamped,peradon prob made it,1940s give or take a few years ,got one same in my collection but not hornbeam,value 40-70

Comment

Knew i could rely on you Jim, it's a smashing cue and plays well too, can get a hell of a lot of work on the cue ball despite it having a 10mm tip. Am under orders to get rid of it so will be going on ebay shortly!

Comment

I'll take it!

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
            Knew i could rely on you Jim, it's a smashing cue and plays well too, can get a hell of a lot of work on the cue ball despite it having a 10mm tip. Am under orders to get rid of it so will be going on ebay shortly!

Comment

Working...
            X