This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by rob s View Post
    Nobody has accused parris cues of being Thai, well definitely not anyone on this thread anyway. From reading between the lines of what is being said and not said the alleged Thai cue converters are Will Hunt, Robert Osborne, Mike wooldridge, Jason Owen, Exquisite cues and maybe Andy Travis but that is a guess as it is just my interpretation on what's been said on this thread. I doubt anyone here is accusing John parris of finishing Thai cues especially with his 2 year waiting list for a 1 piece ultimate
    Wouldn't have added jason into this list Rob, one of the good guys imo.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
      Had a look at the Greenbeize website and I see their GBL cues start at £194 for plain ebony. Are you saying Will Hunt start at around £400? Just trying to understand what all the fuss is about. A specific example would help me understand things....maybe. My mate has a GBL and its a cracker. Never seen a Will Hunt.
      Almost certain i seen a new Hunt cue for around £370 lately, I'm also sure i read on here someone bought one on here and was disappointed when he found out well after his purchase that it was only finished in the UK...
      Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• Hunt cues are around £330 with 4 secondary splices.

Comment

• Originally Posted by stejohn View Post
          Hunt cues are around £330 with 4 secondary splices.
          That's what I thought so not really TWICE the price of GBL. Only a little bit dearer.

Comment

• Originally Posted by renzie67 View Post
            Of course I knew the Hunt was made by a Thai maker but with Hunts finishing , extra splicing etc it will be a better cue. Now I know you are all trying to get to Mike Wooldridge with this thread but you have to admit Mikes cues however they are made are great sought after cues I own 2 myself. They are also not cheap and I think he does ok. Hope Mike comes on and explains himself although he will just be sitting back checking his bank account probably . He may even be on the phone to JP saying look how these guys want to go about their business.
            Don't think will adds splices, could be wrong, Ok maybe a refinish but paying well over £100 extra for that is over the top. No one is diputing the cues are great, but may as well buy a cue from GBL for alot less imo, where you also know what your getting from Stu.

Comment

That's what I thought so not really TWICE the price of GBL. Only a little bit dearer.
              I think if they were priced higher less questions would have been asked in the first place lol.

Edit, Still £100ish extra, but Gbl cues are superb cues...

Comment

• Wouldn't add Jason , who has just admitted that he has used Thai cues and will continue to because he is a good guy. Is this some sort of clique ??? I think Mike Wooldridge is one of the good guys and he has admitted nothing.

Comment

Wouldn't add Jason , who has just admitted that he has used Thai cues and will continue to because he is a good guy. Is this some sort of clique ??? I think Mike Wooldridge is one of the good guys and he has admitted nothing.
                  it must be a massive thing to admit that hes used some though, credit to him i say for coming clean and confirming what cris has said all along, just a shame he is the only one to admit this...

Comment

• Thai shafts only! had a sample of 8 cues and used them as the shafts were so good. I think Jason has been very open about his cue making, rather that just sitting back and saying nothing, thats a positive to me.

Comment

They were a lot more than that before it became common knowledge amongst TSF members that they were Thai cues. I remember ADR had a Will Hunt cue with 4 secondary splices on eBay for £550 originally, which is a lot more than a GBL cue!!
                      Last edited by rob s; 24 July 2013, 08:30 PM.
                      77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

He may even be on the phone to JP saying look how these guys want to go about their business.
                        lol, and John probably will answer: "Relax, its just history repeating, they will learn not to wash dirty linen in public...even in times of the internet"
                        mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

• Yes the will hunt cues only dropped in price after it was found out he rebadged thai cues.

Comment

They were a lot more than that before it became common knowledge amongst TSF members that they were Thai cues. I remember ADR had a Will Hunt cue with 4 secondary splices on eBay for £550 originally, which is a lot more than a GBL cue!!
                            Jesus! That's interesting. Pity the poor guy who bought that.

Comment

Nobody has accused parris cues of being Thai, well definitely not anyone on this thread anyway. From reading between the lines of what is being said and not said the alleged Thai cue converters are Will Hunt, Robert Osborne, Mike wooldridge, Jason Owen, Exquisite cues and maybe Andy Travis but that is a guess as it is just my interpretation on what's been said on this thread. I doubt anyone here is accusing John parris of finishing Thai cues especially with his 2 year waiting list for a 1 piece ultimate
                              Hmmmmm, reputations are being tarnished by the above quote.
                              You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by fred.england View Post
                                Hmmmmm, reputations are being tarnished by the above quote.
                                I agree, just be careful, Rob...
                                JP Majestic
                                3/4
                                57"
                                17oz
                                9.5mm Elk

Comment

Working...
                                X