This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by nlm247 View Post
    Well MW was on this site earlier but has declined to post on the thread so far
    This was also said on that thread????
    and he never answered in 2009,L.O.L.

You are entitled to your opinion at least you tell us that your comment is a biased one, now this has to be the last submission, I dont know how many more times I can state that this is not about the quality of cues sold, the debate is simply one of business ethics and legal requirements.

You claim that Mike Wooldridge and by that claim everyone out there is entitled to run their business the way they see fit, maybe they do in Australia given their colonial past, but it certainly is not the case in the UK, there is a trade practicing act, a consumer protection act, a goods misrepresentation act, all of which you can look up on the net, as a seller and dealer in the UK you have rights and you have legal obligations, one of which is that you cannot misrepresent your product, to put it terms you will understand, if you import a cue from Thailand for 20 pounds, put your own ID on that cue, and if you advertise that cue as the product of your own skill and charge 600 pounds for it, you are breaking the law, but dont take my word for it, for your and everyone elses interest out there I paste a few extracts from the trade practices act currently in force;

UK Misrepresentation Act 1967
    Any false claims about the quality, country of origin, authenticity of the goods sold may amount to a misrepresentation and would entitle the customer to sue you in the civil courts.

Price Marking Order 2004
    Traders must show a price in writing for all goods offered for sale. This can be attached to the goods, or placed adjacent to them. Consumer Transactions (Restrictions on Statements) Order 1976

It is an offence to display any sign which tries to limit a buyer's rights. If you use signs like 'NO REFUNDS' or 'SOLD AS SEEN', as well as being illegal, they would not, in fact, limit a consumer's rights because they would be void for illegality or breach Unfair Contract Terms legislation.

So you see, the law takes a different view to some traders it's not a matter if you dont like my prices or products just F#$@ off.

All I have asked of Mike Wooldridge is that he confirms the the cues he sells are 100% made by him in his workshop, home whatever in the UK using raw materials sourced by himself and that he has no affiliation with any other cue maker in asia or elsewhere.

John Parris if you care to look at his website has complied with current UK laws and has put in writing where his cues are made and where the materials for them are sourced from.

It's a question of honesty do you follow?

Comment

• anyone else remember Particle Physics and his post which IIRC was essentially the same as above and MW threatened him with his sister who is a barrister or something?
      Cannot find the thread though...
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• You've got a good memory Dean..........seem to recall something.......but a little hazy . Too much booze probably
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          anyone else remember Particle Physics and his post which IIRC was essentially the same as above and MW threatened him with his sister who is a barrister or something?
          I remember it well. PP was very vocal and opinionated at times and disappeared quicker than lord Lucan when mike threatened legal action.
          You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by fred.england View Post
            I remember it well. PP was very vocal and opinionated at times and disappeared quicker than lord Lucan when mike threatened legal action.
            he was that - great fun
            but a nice guy on the old Friend Chat (which has disappeared for sometime now Ferret any news on getting it back?) which I remember him at the time saying "what is wrong about asking a pertinent question and getting shot down with threats?" so he decided to leave TSF.
            I sometimes miss he starting new threads about who-know-what
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by fred.england View Post
              I like the post from DandyA on this:

MW's done something nasty to him with his bandsaw and lathe and stuff ... he probably filmed it too and will release on DVD as the "Revenge of the Cuefather" ...

Original Source: http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...#ixzz2aFQ0tnyI
              - TSF - TheSnookerForum.com
              My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
              I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                anyone else remember Particle Physics and his post which IIRC was essentially the same as above and MW threatened him with his sister who is a barrister or something?
                Yeah, I remember it well. I believe he said his sister owns a law firm in London.
                "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

• Think this is the right thread http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...9-Shark-shafts Mike did seem to overreact a little, but I suppose he's worked hard for his business so it would get on anyones nerves is people started saying things like that.
                  "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    Nice piece from Mike in there
                    "however, to make it crystal clear to anyone remotely interested in my business, if i decide in the future to outsource all my work, which incidentally i have every intention of doing cos i'm tired and fed up with making cues, then the cues will still remain 'mike wooldridge cues' cos that's MY brand, and MY business.

i've spent my life building cues and now i have a world recognised brand. if i personally never touch another cue, i will still produce 'mike wooldridge cues' and maintain the brand i worked so hard to create.

one thing you can bet on, i won't ever sell sh*t cues regardless of whether i touch them or not."

So there you are, maybe he did decide to go down the Thai cues route

very interesting jrc750, i must have missed this one

a few point i would like to add

1 - it is clear too see mike is very passionate about his producs, and rightfully so they are class

2 - as pointed out he has worked hard to make his name, over twenty year (probably 30 now)

3 - he clearly has the balls to say what he thinks, so would not hesitate to come here if he felt he needed too !

4 - where mike sources thing from i dont know, what i do know is that they are not from the same contact as me, if they were i would easily have seen this !

5 - i dont want to meet his sister !

finally as badges are my gripe, do i believe his cues are badged correctly ? if made by him yes, if imported then definatly no!!!

Comment

• This is the exact thread, the other was just another of PP wild accusations http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...physics+sister

Comment

• Jeez...I feel so USED! I guess I can assume no one knows exactly what is REALLY going on. I see rumour and innuendo but no real proof so far. I have even been told by a knowledgeable pro some of the above but again that's word of mouth and no real proof.

I don't think anyone is ready to rip apart one of these suspect cues to confirm the rumour as it would ruin the investment.

Terry
                        Terry Davidson
                        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Well Mike was responding to this thread at 2:29, i guess he either changed his mind or is constructing a better response ??
                          There is a part of this site maybe some do not know of ? When you click on "quick links" on the green band above (you may need to click on "forum" 1st) you can click on bottom link that says "Who's online" here is where you can see who is around, and more importantly what they are up to

Comment

• I noticed jrc. Not much of an investment now terry.

Comment

• Terry, have we seen pics of your cue ?? please show us, i expect it is lovely, maybe not £800 lovely tho

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                                Jeez...I feel so USED! I guess I can assume no one knows exactly what is REALLY going on. I see rumour and innuendo but no real proof so far. I have even been told by a knowledgeable pro some of the above but again that's word of mouth and no real proof.

I don't think anyone is ready to rip apart one of these suspect cues to confirm the rumour as it would ruin the investment.

Terry
                                I cannot for the life of me work out how "ripping apart" or even dismantling a cue would answer any questions of origins of the cue. The method of splicing a cue in Thailand can surely be replicated in the UK, Australia, Canada or anywhere else in the world. It is surely down to the maker how a cue is spliced and just because a makers splice work may be similar to Thai produced cues it DOES NOT mean that the said cue was made in Thailand. To suggest otherwise is just nonsense in my humble opinion!!!
                                You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X