Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've just put my Andy Travis (one of the early ones with old badge, lovely cue) next to a Thai cue which I have and the way they are spliced seem to be completely different to me. No similarities between the 2 at all.
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

• Andy,

If I was in your shoes ( I have my own business too ) I would recall the cue from Cris and just give a full refund to the customer due to the discontent with the item. That's my opinion and what I would do straight away because Cris just stated he believes you make pretty much everything. I think the only way to move forward from here is to come to a quick resolution with this particular cue..

Again, jmo....
      JP Majestic
      3/4
      57"
      17oz
      9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by Andy Travis View Post
        You ARE wrong about me, i think everyone knows that.
        I can't understand why you've been dragged into this Andy, you use customised by badges to avoid any confusion, Crispians gripe seems to be against those trying to pass others work off as there own, i wouldn't even enter into the debate. The vast majority of us on here wouldn't have a clue about how to spot the difference between a machine planed or hand planed cue, and any argument just confuses us further, no one will come out on top, other than trev that is! Lol
        No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          Don't think so lol, it was Andy that sold it !
          I believe Andy is one of the good guys
          FFS what's all the fuss about then. Crispian should take this off-line and sort it out with Andy.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
            FFS what's all the fuss about then. Crispian should take this off-line and sort it out with Andy.
            i have asked andy to call me already, dont think he wants too ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post
              Not sure if discussing this over the phone would sort things out. Best to agree to dis-agree and move on. If its only the one cue you've got then........what the hell. All the other AT cue owners can make their own minds up. If they have a concern then they can contact Andy direct and I'm sure he would be more than happy to discuss the issue with them.
              PS Really just trying to find an end to this thread. It was very interesting for a while but its not really getting anywhere now.
              Last edited by Bigmeek; 27 July 2013, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Not sure if discussing this over the phone would sort things out. Best to agree to dis-agree and move on. If its only the one cue you've got then........what the hell. All the other AT cue owners can make their own minds up. If they have a concern then they can contact Andy direct and I'm sure he would be more than happy to discuss the issue with them.
                PS Really just trying to find an end to this thread. It was very interesting for a while but its not really getting anywhere now.
                i am simply trying to use andy to my advantage here, i know he makes handmade cues thats just as easy to spot, i am pointing out that this cue is not one, whether it is bought in for that perpouse or just a cue someone traded in i dont know ?

do you think i would have been stupid enough to bring this up if i could not prove it ? if i was wrong here then i would never be able to sell tips again never mind cues or cases !

Comment

• my geuss is that the simple answer is this - the cue with a custom badge or a thia badge would be profitless, a point that the whole thread is trying to make !

and yes this thread is getting boring your right

Comment

• I will still give you £100 for the AT Thai cue Crispian.

Comment

• Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
                      Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                      That could be why a cuemaker who I won't names cues never have the square of ash/maple on the bottom of the butt you would usually see in a hand spliced cue
                      This wouldn't necessarily indicate anything. There are too many variables.
                      Yeah that's why I said could be, not saying it is

Comment

• handmade ??? probably not !!!

crispian its becoming boring because you're saying things then retracting your statements when the cuemakers rightly get the hump with you as Andy has rightly done. You then get all girly and defensive and apologetic.
                        you claim this and you claim that but without actually having the balls to come out 100% and name names. You are skirting around the issue and whilst I did have sympathy with you and believe your motives were honourable and heartfelt all you have achieved is to confuse anyone who was in the market for a handmade/custom built/handspliced/English/Thai/Mongolian/Siberian/ash/54 chevroned/badged/unbadged/red/blue/black plated Snooker cue to the point where anyone who is not quite as well informed as some of us and had 700 quid to spend they wouldn't have a bloody clue where to go.

in short I think you've lost the plot fella and have alienated a lot of people who have helped you on the way up and potentially lost some customers to boot.
                        Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

Comment

• you realy arnt helping jason at all are you nick? i could not give a fu@k for your opinions either !

Comment

• To Archalf,
                            Very funny mate, spot on !!

Comment

• Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                              Originally Posted by Andy Travis View Post
                              You ARE wrong about me, i think everyone knows that.
                              I can't understand why you've been dragged into this Andy, you use customised by badges to avoid any confusion, Crispians gripe seems to be against those trying to pass others work off as there own, i wouldn't even enter into the debate. The vast majority of us on here wouldn't have a clue about how to spot the difference between a machine planed or hand planed cue, and any argument just confuses us further, no one will come out on top, other than trev that is! Lol
                              Because the cue in question is spliced like a Thai cue but is badged as hand made not customised

Comment

Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post
                                the Travis cue my mate had was a good cue, and I'm sure 99% have been made completely by Andy, that 1 cue is spliced differently which makes no sense and does make me wonder if it is a Thai cue. Could be Andy wanted to experiment with different splice techniques though, he's been asked how it was spliced and so far has declined to answer, which keeps that shadow of doubt over it. Id like to add that the cue my mate had was a great cue and Andy doesn't overcharge for his cues

Comment

Working...
                                X