Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this thread is dead to me now, ive tried opening your eyes to what i said all along, this trade can be exploited
    massivly, ive pointed out that ive seen one at cue on here that is a thai cue, take from that what you want ?

i have personaly phoned the other guys who we have not disscussed and been told to fu@k off, cant say i am suprized by that
    your freind jason has come in to the thread, full well knowing that he has done what i claimed, to wich i think is
    suicide, notice how others just stayed the hell away !

jason pointed out by my calculations that i made an honest £46 an hour on a truthfull cue, where i pointed out he would have made £100 on a dishonest cue ! (sorry two of them see pictures attatched)

i have since seen yourself and a few other forum members question my sanity on your facebook chat, to wich
    makes me think why the fu@k has he not deleeted me of there ?

jason also quotes thai or bournmouth it matters not - quality does !

now i can assure you that people have different opinions on that, and im also sure that there are hundreds if not thousands of guys on here that would be disapointed by that fact !

Now in order to salvage his situation he will have to work hard and photograph many many handmade cues or just remove the handmade badge i suppose, thats a decission for him, but hell if they are handmade then it makes no difference to him anyway !

my whole point of this thread is now within a 3 year period anyone can become the next big cuemaker, how could i ever have proved this point without ruffling a few fethers eh
    Attached Files

Comment

• That cue 101 is blooming lovely, and i nearly bought it, but are you saying it's a Thai cue with virtually no work done on it by Jason ??

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        That cue 101 is blooming lovely, and i nearly bought it, but are you saying it's a Thai cue with virtually no work done on it by Jason ??
        Apparently,,,, they are, are they?.. I would not have a clue. I do not buy cues here and there, however, if I was in the market for cue I would not know where to go now..This is a sad situation..

FFS, all you cue makers have to get on here and sort it, otherwise its bust and over for all of you, IMO...
        JP Majestic
        3/4
        57"
        17oz
        9.5mm Elk

Comment

• I replied to the thread because i wanted to be honest.

Ive spoken to Crispian every day, understood his problems and have agreed to rename my cues Custom made instead of hand made, purely so I dont have to endure all this next time it pops up.

I have done more than most, in fact more than all and now been told its suicide (!!)

Ive tried to help Crispian, then for whatever reason I get dragged into it again.
          Please move on....
          http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

• Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
            I replied to the thread because i wanted to be honest.

Ive spoken to Crispian every day, understood his problems and have agreed to rename my cues Custom made instead of hand made, purely so I dont have to endure all this next time it pops up.

I have done more than most, in fact more than all and now been told its suicide (!!)

Ive tried to help Crispian, then for whatever reason I get dragged into it again.
            Please move on....
            Good on you Jason for trying to explain things
            Still a bit confused tho, are you re badging Thai cues all the time with just your badge on them and nothing else done by you ?? or do you make some cues yourself ?? Or is shafts you buy and add on the splices ??? or a bit of both ?? lots of questions my head hurts

Comment

• I guess Jason does both,i'm sure some cues are fully made and others not, but credit where its due for owning up to it! Also bearing in mind the prices of Jason cues, not like hes been totally ripping people off either like some others.

Edit apart from maybe the 2 cues Crispian showed in last pic........ guess we will never find out exactly who's been doing what but Crispian has only let us all know some of what goes on, when others have known about it for a long time so that is a positive to me.

Just a shame others wont be honest and we maybe won't find out where others like Jason/Andy will lose out..
              Last edited by stejohn; 27 July 2013, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• So obviously, there should be 2 types of cues to order and identified via the badge,,, 1- Handmade In The UK and 2- Custom Made. That's basically it for me. Type 1 being more expensive and type 2 being a cheaper option..

Seems that there is lots of grey areas in the wording of this business..
                JP Majestic
                3/4
                57"
                17oz
                9.5mm Elk

Comment

• jason can me and you disscuss this in public on here, nothin about you or your cues, just me and you together to put across the issues i have in general ?

everything we have disscussed on the phone ?
                  Last edited by crispian jones; 27 July 2013, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                    So obviously, there should be 2 types of cues to order and identified via the badge,,, 1- Handmade In The UK and 2- Custom Made. That's basically it for me. Type 1 being more expensive and type 2 being a cheaper option..

Its all about the money, when the products are equal in quality and only the experts can tell the difference, the makers want to maximize profits, unfortunately that how it works.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      Good on you Jason for trying to explain things
                      Still a bit confused tho, are you re badging Thai cues all the time with just your badge on them and nothing else done by you ?? or do you make some cues yourself ?? Or is shafts you buy and add on the splices ??? or a bit of both ?? lots of questions my head hurts
                      I'd also like to know the answer to this. As I have an order placed with jason, for what may not now be what I consider a handmade cue?

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                        So obviously, there should be 2 types of cues to order and identified via the badge,,, 1- Handmade In The UK and 2- Custom Made. That's basically it for me. Type 1 being more expensive and type 2 being a cheaper option..

exactly the point

Comment

• Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
                          ... and have agreed to rename my cues Custom made instead of hand made....
                          But will your prices come down to reflect this ????

Comment

• I take my hat off to you Crispian , it,s about time uk cue makers that do not make their own product from start to finish came clean and entail what and what they dont do . Fair play to Jason for speaking up aswell .

Comment

• Loads of cues have lost value since this thread started well done Crispian
                              your the man.

Comment

• Wouldn't surprise me if some of the cues in question have come out of this place http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnjAFvVxz38
                                "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Working...
                                X