X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
    So let's get this right....

Is all the fuss about Someone on the forum buying 170 thai cues and someone else badging them up as a makers 'handmade' cue and selling them for top dollar as uk handmade cues?

Is this close to the big picture yuh?
    Sounds like you know something

Comment

Is all the fuss about Someone on the forum buying 170 thai cues and someone else badging them up as a makers 'handmade' cue and selling them for top dollar as uk handmade cues?

170 thai cues????

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        Sounds like you know something
        You just can't trust these cue makers. I am cutting off all thais with the lot of them..
        JP Majestic
        3/4
        57"
        17oz
        9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
          You just can't trust these cue makers. I am cutting off all thais with the lot of them..
          Nice one
          Right then, wonder if Crispian will now finish off what he wanted to tell us all along by filling in the blanks ??

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Nice one
            Right then, wonder if Crispian will now finish off what he wanted to tell us all along by filling in the blanks ??
            Haha, lmao.

NEXT..
            JP Majestic
            3/4
            57"
            17oz
            9.5mm Elk

Comment

• I know the blanks by the way, but not for me to say, just trying to help things along
              At the end of the day, massive money is being made by selling "handmade" cues, badged up as tho suggesting been made by the cue maker, when in fact, they are just re-badged cues, cues are fine, but surely fraud comes into this ??????????????????

Comment

• I think a few of us know the blanks . I wonder what a Pro would say about using a re-badged cue ?

Nothing i suppose as long as it works for him and more importantly they probably don't pay for their cues . So would not be interested in these discussions .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by guernseygooner
                  Well I for one think this is the direction cue manufacture should be heading anyway to keep up with demand. Obviously if deceit has taken place with a premium price charged for little work it is wrong.

If someone wants to wait a year for a truly handmade cue as in they pay a premium for a maker to source them a shaft with 6 pretty chevrons then so be it, we all have a good idea who to go to. But I know from experience that this will not give you some magic wand ton machine! I have picked up rack cues with crappy varnish over it and made big breaks.

I don't care if the shaft comes from Outer Mongolia I just want to specify the splicing I want and specs. So if there is a cue maker on here that can do that, please get in touch.

On another note, I contacted a maker on here with an enquiry. I like 1 piece cues with high splicing (20-23") with 4 secondary high splices. He told me he couldn't do it because his ebony was max 19". My GBL cue is spliced at 19"!
                  The 19" ebony is pretty typical. All the blocks I pick up are 19". Anything past that I'd have to order from a certain timber merchant online.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Exile View Post
                    The 19" ebony is pretty typical. All the blocks I pick up are 19". Anything past that I'd have to order from a certain timber merchant online.
                    Yes but point being, if a cuemaker is asked to make a cue with longer splices why can't he get on the phone and order some ???
                    answer, because he doesn't make the cues !!!!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                      I think a few of us know the blanks . I wonder what a Pro would say about using a re-badged cue ?

Nothing i suppose as long as it works for him and more importantly they probably don't pay for their cues . So would not be interested in these discussions .
                      not just one pro....

Comment

• It seems as tho a lot of people know a lot of things about lots of goings on !!!
                        Why not share ?

Comment

• Which pro/ pros are we talking here??
                          "It's just a shot away" -Rolling Stones-

Comment

if correct Thats serious money , i would have thought the poeple involved have either read it or knows its being discussed here , think its time they come clean whether their innocent or got something to hide , its gonna come out .

Comment

• Originally Posted by prince07799 View Post
                              Does anyone which cue's the 8 are? as I have one and would at least like to know if mine is one
                              Yeah, me too. C'mon Jason, which numbers are the 8 ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• True. Either that or he just doesn't fancy the job? I also don't know the reason why but once you start buying ebony past 19" it seem to get disproportionately more expensive. I think that's why if its a long splice cue you see Cocobolo being used as its cheaper to buy in the lengths required.

Comment

Working...
                                X