This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
    Yeah, me too. C'mon Jason, which numbers are the 8 ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yours wasn't!

I have spoken with a few of them, none want a refund as they are happy with the cue, some went to mates and I have one as my pool cue, no 85, one of the best cues ever. I did have to retaper it heavily for an 8.5mm tip.
    http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

• Originally Posted by guernseygooner
      Well I for one think this is the direction cue manufacture should be heading anyway to keep up with demand. Obviously if deceit has taken place with a premium price charged for little work it is wrong.

If someone wants to wait a year for a truly handmade cue as in they pay a premium for a maker to source them a shaft with 6 pretty chevrons then so be it, we all have a good idea who to go to. But I know from experience that this will not give you some magic wand ton machine! I have picked up rack cues with crappy varnish over it and made big breaks.

I don't care if the shaft comes from Outer Mongolia I just want to specify the splicing I want and specs. So if there is a cue maker on here that can do that, please get in touch.

On another note, I contacted a maker on here with an enquiry. I like 1 piece cues with high splicing (20-23") with 4 secondary high splices. He told me he couldn't do it because his ebony was max 19". My GBL cue is spliced at 19"!
      you can have ebony splices at 23-24 ins easy if your having 4 more lower splices,it involves the splitting of the butt talked about earlier.

Comment

• I can't see why you couldn't use 19" pieces of ebony though to create 22" splices if you were wanting secondary ones. If you just spliced the ebony on 22"up and then just tapered them down ready for the secondary ones they would cover up the gap at the bottom.

The larger the piece of ebony the more expensive it is (when jet black) is because it's difficult to find in the heartwood that size without flaws.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Exile View Post
          True. Either that or he just doesn't fancy the job? I also don't know the reason why but once you start buying ebony past 19" it seem to get disproportionately more expensive. I think that's why if its a long splice cue you see Cocobolo being used as its cheaper to buy in the lengths required.
          I didn't fancy the job, the hassle of finding long ebony outweighs the cost I would feel happy quoting for the cue.
          It's the same as mannock replicas I keep getting asked for, by the time you find a plank of tulip and the cost, its not worth it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
            you can have ebony splices at 23-24 ins easy if your having 4 more lower splices,it involves the splitting of the butt talked about earlier.
            So Jim, with a Thai cue it would be easy yes? Just splice the 4 lower splices on and cut the tip end down.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              It seems as tho a lot of people know a lot of things about lots of goings on !!!
              Why not share ?
              Why don't you start things off in a new thread? Looks like you've got a few bits of things you've heard on the grapevine. Make frequent use of the word ALLEGEDLY and you should be OK. Works for the newspapers!
              PS Only joking. Best to keep schtoom!

Comment

• the trouble with all of this is nothing is going to be proved or disproved, this thread will die another death and it will resurrect itself in a few months....unless the people who are involved don't get any orders and people spread the word so they don't get any till they come and explain themselves.....its about time everyone who has a cue voted with their feet...and in the meantime fill out a trading standards contact form!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
                  Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                  Yeah, me too. C'mon Jason, which numbers are the 8 ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Yours wasn't!

I have spoken with a few of them, none want a refund as they are happy with the cue, some went to mates and I have one as my pool cue, no 85, one of the best cues ever. I did have to retaper it heavily for an 8.5mm tip.
                  Still best to name the numbers incase they end up for sale Jason

Comment

• Originally Posted by EnterTheDragon View Post
                    Which pro/ pros are we talking here??
                    I guess you have to be officially a snooker geek to know

Comment

• John? Mark? Am i even close here ?
                      "It's just a shot away" -Rolling Stones-

Comment

• Can we know which 8 cues jason. You must know as there numbered.

Comment

• Originally Posted by paddybhoy30 View Post
                          Can we know which 8 cues jason. You must know as there numbered.
                          One person has come to me, I confirmed it was one of the Thai cues. They had sold it 3 months ago for £40 less than they paid me for it at the time. They now want me to refund them the difference, which won't happen.
                          I've confirmed others to people and they have been fine and want to keep the cue as its so good.
                          So you will never know unless you own one in which I will honestly tel
                          You.

Oh my one, is no 85, and I wouldn't sell it ever.

I have had a lot of support from people who have orders placed, have had cues and from friends.
                          Honesty has been the best policy without doubt.

Deal me out now, concentrate on who really is the problem here.

Comment

• Originally Posted by paddybhoy30 View Post
                            Can we know which 8 cues jason. You must know as there numbered.
                            i still want to know who imported 170 thai cues????

Comment

• Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
                              ..So you will never know unless you own one in which I will honestly tel You.
                              So best not to buy a 2nd hand one then as we will never know ????

Comment

• Originally Posted by luke-h View Post
                                i still want to know who imported 170 thai cues????
                                Doesn't matter really.......as there are more than that in Thai cues being imported , and cue makers quite openly state that they use these cues to customise them . And i have to say the shafts look very good , also assume they play very well .
                                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                                X