X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    Dave:

I had this done through Stu Green to an old Will Hunt cue I bought which actually had to be re-ferruled and re-tapered too and then refinished completely. If I remember right the price was around 25GBP maybe 35, not certain, but I remember I was surprised at how little it cost.

Terry
    Cheers Terry

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      golferson:

At 175 I'll take 3. Do you take paypal?

Terry
      Better read it again Terry, he was talking about the mid 80's

Comment

• Would cost a bit more to have badge fitted tho

Comment

• Dave, depends on who you get to do it. (MW costs a fortune!). If you look at some of the cue-makers websites, Mastercraft for instance, they quote prices. Average I would guess at about £50 but you need to pay postage each way which would add £25. Just recently I had Tony Wilshaw do a wee bit of a tidy up and tapering and he charged £45. I paid postage both ways.

Comment

• Bob ackers done one for me and done a great job for around £25 ..

Comment

• Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
              Dave, depends on who you get to do it. (MW costs a fortune!). If you look at some of the cue-makers websites, Mastercraft for instance, they quote prices. Average I would guess at about £50 but you need to pay postage each way which would add £25. Just recently I had Tony Wilshaw do a wee bit of a tidy up and tapering and he charged £45. I paid postage both ways.
              Yeah I know mate that's why I'm hoping to get a few different prices to get an average price for the work I mentioned

Comment

• Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                Dave, depends on who you get to do it. (MW costs a fortune!). If you look at some of the cue-makers websites, Mastercraft for instance, they quote prices. Average I would guess at about £50 but you need to pay postage each way which would add £25. Just recently I had Tony Wilshaw do a wee bit of a tidy up and tapering and he charged £45. I paid postage both ways.
                Fricken hell that's expensive, I just had World Snooker services guy do a re taper, new ferule, new tip, for £25.00 on a maple one piece my son plays with

Comment

• Originally Posted by Maxsys View Post
                  Fricken hell that's expensive, I just had World Snooker services guy do a re taper, new ferule, new tip, for £25.00 on a maple one piece my son plays with
                  Couldn't really be bothered phoning around for quotes TBH. Couple of the ex-pros at my club have used Tony Wilshaw for repairs so I just went with him. Did a good job.

Comment

• Can't really see any cuemakers answering tbh so my point was that even if getting that work done would cost £50, add that to the around £60 I think I read it cost to buy the Thai cue is on the other thread would be £110 that's including his labour, but he allegedly sold at least 2 of these cues for £400, profit of £580 on just 2 of the Thai cues, all just estimated costs from prices thrown around on the forum. If it was me who'd bought one of these cues id be onto Jason for a partial refund, if it was a genuine error of judgement it would only be fair for Jason to offer some sort of partial compensation, that's only my opinion though, not saying Jason should or shouldn't or that the customers would want any firm of compensation its just my opinion on things

Comment

• Do they really buy the basic spliced up cue for only £60 ????
                      That's a lot cheaper than i would imagine
                      Surely shipping and customs costs that alone ???

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        Do they really buy the basic spliced up cue for only £60 ????
                        Depends how many your buying mate, orders of over 150 units delivered by Tuk-Tuk...
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yThJrm9_ILw

Comment

Think that's what it said on the other thread, could be totally wrong though. Wey looks like Jason has blocked me on fb, guess he doesn't like the truth lol, not so open an honest afterall. Personally don't believe it was only 8 Thai cues or that it was an error of judgement, rather I believe he got greedy and thought he could get away with it. Oh well, I thought he was a good bloke and wasn't looking to fall out with him, guess sh*t happens

Comment

• There should have been a recall on the 8 cues and a offer of a full refund or he should told the customers to keep the sticks while he builds them what they previously thought they was going to get and that's UK Handmades...If there was more though, now that would be a risky offer ...
                            JP Majestic
                            3/4
                            57"
                            17oz
                            9.5mm Elk

Comment

Not when buying in bulk. If you look at how much the most basic handspliced phoenix cues are at Craftsman, the total cost of bringing them in couldn't be much more than 80 max I think.
                              Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

• I think I might buy one of these Thai cues next, see how I like them. Might as well. All of this the past few days could have a back fire effect on some of the cue makers here, think about it..
                                JP Majestic
                                3/4
                                57"
                                17oz
                                9.5mm Elk

Comment

Working...
                                X