X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• totally lost me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• your saying these guys are playing with these cues??

Comment

• Originally Posted by williamson View Post
        !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My thoughts exactly..
        "It's just a shot away" -Rolling Stones-

Comment

• Originally Posted by EnterTheDragon View Post
          My thoughts exactly..
          Im saying people who are implicated in all of this have been on this forum and are watching this thread but still wont confirm or deny.....i'd say that was spineless

Comment

• Originally Posted by archalf1471 View Post
            tell me something guys. you buy a cue purely to play snooker with, some of you will do it well some of u won't, I have no idea what level you play to and am not bothered. Let's say u pay £300 for said piece of timber regardless of design. Its a wonderful cue its spot on to what you requested. You knock in several large breaks over the course of the next few weeks and have contacted the maker/builder/supplier to say how chuffed you are, best cue ever, feels lovely, great balance, superb finish, best grain you've ever seen, bargain of the cemtury , would even recommend u to the mother in law............

But wait someone you don't know never met haven't really heard of as a cuemaker, someone you didn't consider when u did your research when u decided who was going to make your cue comes on and casts doubts about the origins or work behind your new wonderbat and all of a sudden its no better than the type of bat u would find in Argos or a sports store????

pleeeeeeease get a grip, its still the same cue you've been playing well with in the last few weeks and chances are unless you let your mental state be effected and u look after it, it always will be.
            bought a rolex for ten grand told the time well, found out it was a ten pound fake, never mind eh, still tells the time, im chuffed to bits.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Why should top pros care - if they like the cue and play well with it, why would it make any difference?

Higgins started the season playing well enough with his...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Tred View Post
                Why should top pros care - if they like the cue and play well with it, why would it make any difference?

missing the point, they probably got their cue for FREE we didn't

Comment

• R.i.p

John Higgins and Stephen Maguire...
                  Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    I think it's only Crispian that states that, the rest certainly do not
                    It does matter Neil, when the fraudsters charge £400 (or over) for the same cues that Crispian charges £240 for !!!
                    I think maybe it's about time the maker in question was named ???
                    Crispian could always put his prices up, then everybody would be happy............................................. ..

JOKE before anybody jumps down my throat, or sets one of them Thai cats on me, looks a right evil bar steward that one LOL

Comment

• What im thinking is, why work hard to make a name for yourself and then tarnish it for a slightly easier $$ ?
                      "It's just a shot away" -Rolling Stones-

Comment

Why should top pros care - if they like the cue and play well with it, why would it make any difference?

With his what is the question
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by luke-h View Post
                          missing the point, they probably got their cue for FREE we didn't
                          No I'm not - after reading this all weekend, I think I've just about grasped the fact that some of us may have been paying over the odds for our tapered lengths of spliced wood ;-)

The point I'm making is that pros would judge their cues purely on how they performed and wouldn't necessarily care how they were made.

As for them being free to pros, I'm sure I remember Trev saying that JH insisted on paying him the full amount for that stunning cue he made him last year...

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                            With his what is the question

Context is everything (or nothing depending on how your mind works) ;-)

Comment

Context is everything (or nothing depending on how your mind works) ;-)

well im done with all this thai-cue-gate saga.....i have a nice surprise for he who finished my cue....have a nice evening

Comment

• over maybe the past 2/3 years iv'e bought 3 cues from raymo they were all nice cues just a bit stiff for me so all have been sold on, been dealing with jim evans for a while now and the guys a diamond.
                                anyway i was speaking to a guy and mentioned the crispian jones thread and what was being said there he immediately confirmed that raymo does use thai shafts he also said another guy up here used them as well.
                                i know you guys all feel a bit peeved at whats went on and the other cue makers that make them from scratch are annoyed, my thoughts are the cues i bought were nice i think they cost£120 £170 £200 got my money back on them all so never cost me nothing the guys have just seen an opportunity to get a foot on the cue making ladder and make a few quid.
                                another thing was i went with a friend a couple of times to adr's house to buy a cue we ended up with cues tips and all sorts and he had two boxes of thai cues there were dozens he never tried to hide them in fact he showed me a couple i never asked him where they were going though.

Comment

Working...
                                X