This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
    Just creating a cut off point so for when I launch the Ti cues.
    The threads have helped me realise that the Thai cues as a stock cue is the way to go.
    Jason Owen Ti cues will launch soon, badged as such, in stock and ready to go.
    Very clever IMO.
    Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

• Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
      Just creating a cut off point so for when I launch the Ti cues.
      The threads have helped me realise that the Thai cues as a stock cue is the way to go.
      Jason Owen Ti cues will launch soon, badged as such, in stock and ready to go.
      Fair play to you. Rise the price of the handmade ones so there is a clear difference. IMO Crispian and Trevor (and any other maker) should charge more for what is a truly handmade cue.

Comment

• Looking forward to seeing them Jason, always liked the look of the cues you produce.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Pity it took a push and had to practically be named and shamed for you to do the right thing tho eh.....

At least you owned up when confronted I guess...

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
            Pity it took a push and had to practically be named and shamed for you to do the right thing tho eh.....

Your sig cracks me up..

Comment

• Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
              Your sig cracks me up..
              Lol just noticed that, nice one cally ......Thai be or not thai be..

Comment

• So i come back from the pub, and we are no further forward ??? thought by now the full story would of come out, has Crispian not made an appearance at all ??? Raymo still not talking ?? adr still away on his jollies ??

Comment

• Thai be honest it will still all be the same in the next 6 months, year 2... who knows but you'll always get the dishonest folk that you can be certain of...

Comment

Pity it took a push and had to practically be named and shamed for you to do the right thing tho eh.....

Originally Posted by cally View Post
                    Thai be honest it will still all be the same in the next 6 months, year 2... who knows but you'll always get the dishonest folk that you can be certain of...
                    I just wish each and every cue maker would be transparent in their dealings. That way we could all be confident that the cues we are buying are what we expect them to be. I'm just so glad I'm not in the market for a new cue as I wouldn't have the foggiest who to order from.
                    You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or serious but why kick a guy when he's down? At least Jason HAS stepped up and acknowledged his error in judgement that covers less than 10% of his sales. Where are the guys who have built between 10 and 100% of their business on rebadging pre-made cues???

I have spoken to Jason privately about this issue, as I recently purchased a cue from him, and I am well satisfied that he is making every attempt to move forward in the right direction. I'd encourage anyone else who has any questions about their Jason Owen cue to contact him directly.
                      Mick

Comment

• I don't see why crispian should'nt come out of this as the good guy. He's opened everybodys eyes. I think i would'nt mind trying one of his cues next. Or i might get another tw.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fred.england View Post
                          I just wish each and every cue maker would be transparent in their dealings. That way we could all be confident that the cues we are buying are what we expect them to be. I'm just so glad I'm not in the market for a new cue as I wouldn't have the foggiest who to order from.
                          The most transparent cue maker I've ever done business with.. is Trevor White.. Not only is his craftmanship up there with the very best, his customer service skills ( while not the fastest response times to emails and such ), are as good as anyone's. But he's a one man band.. It's all starting to come together, how some cue makers have more time to post on the forum, than others..

Trevor may not need the extra work ( he's always snowed under ), but I think Trev's reputation as a UK cue maker, making cues from hand, from scratch.. will increase on the back of this mess ( not that his rep needs it ).

Even before all this kicked off, Trevor's rep was top notch. It's just that these dishonest folk have helped magnify the good guys. IMHO.

Yeah I know Cally.. get a room, right? LOL.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fred.england View Post
                            Totally agree with to Fred. With regards to buying a new cue, I know you are not looking for 1 but there was a list on another thread, all these cuemakers state that they make all their cues in the UK from scratch on their website or if you contact them directly:
                            John Parris
                            Trevor White
                            Robin Cook
                            Dave Coutts
                            Tony Glover
                            Stamford Cues (Paul Roberts)
                            Crispian Jones
                            Tony Wilshaw
                            Jim Evans
                            Mastercraft
                            B & W Billiards
                            Craftsman Cue (Dave Brown)

There may be more obviously
                            Last edited by rob s; 28 July 2013, 11:41 PM.
                            77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

• Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
                              The most transparent cue maker I've ever done business with.. is Trevor White.. Not only is his craftmanship up there with the very best, his customer service skills ( while not the fastest response times to emails and such ), are as good as anyone's. But he's a one man band.. It's all starting to come together, how some cue makers have more time to post on the forum, than others..

Trevor may not need the extra work ( he's always snowed under ), but I think Trev's reputation as a UK cue maker, making cues from hand, from scratch.. will increase on the back of this mess ( not that his rep needs it ).

Even before all this kicked off, Trevor's rep was top notch. It's just that these dishonest folk have helped magnify the good guys. IMHO.

Yeah I know Cally.. get a room, right? LOL.
                              Yes mate, I agree. My mate (Stevie on TSF) bought a TW and customer service and quality were just superb. Stevie is a fussy bugger but Trev delivered exactly what was ordered....top guy.
                              You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by paddybhoy30 View Post
                                I don't see why crispian should'nt come out of this as the good guy. He's opened everybodys eyes. I think i would'nt mind trying one of his cues next. Or i might get another tw.
                                Couldn't agree more

Comment

Working...
                                X