• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
    Couldn't agree more
    x2 .

Comment

• Originally Posted by paddybhoy30 View Post
      I don't see why crispian should'nt come out of this as the good guy. He's opened everybodys eyes. I think i would'nt mind trying one of his cues next. Or i might get another tw.
      ........x3
      "It might not be on stats or titles but in terms of talent and the ability to play snooker erm......he's the best" Hendry's humbled words on Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Comment

• Originally Posted by rob s View Post
        Totally agree with to Fred. With regards to buying a new cue, I know you are not looking for 1 but there was a list on another thread, all these cuemakers state that they make their cues in the UK from scratch on their website or if you contact them directly:
        John Parris
        Trevor White
        Robin Cook
        Dave Coutts
        Tony Glover
        Stamford Cues (Paul Roberts)
        Crispian Jones
        Tony Wilshaw
        Jim Evans
        Mastercraft
        B & W Billiards
        Craftsman Cue (Dave Brown)

There may be more but these 1s are 100%
        Thanks for the info Rob. I just wish there was some sort of logo or standard mark (similar to the British kite mark) that could only be used on fully handmade cues. It would give us mere mortals who have no idea about cue building, the opportunity to make decisions based on the origins of the cue.
        You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by laverda View Post
          I don't know if you're being sarcastic or serious but why kick a guy when he's down? At least Jason HAS stepped up and acknowledged his error in judgement that covers less than 10% of his sales. Where are the guys who have built between 10 and 100% of their business on rebadging pre-made cues???

I have spoken to Jason privately about this issue, as I recently purchased a cue from him, and I am well satisfied that he is making every attempt to move forward in the right direction. I'd encourage anyone else who has any questions about their Jason Owen cue to contact him directly.
          Mick
          Error of judgement. pfftt. come on man, he knew exactly what he was doing be it 8 cues or 8oo.. simple fact is he knows/knew when he started out that ppl always question where/how cues are made and he did himself no favours by 'masking' the truth...

You may have the courtesy and naivety to believe it was an error of judgement but it simply wasn't, jason knew/knows cues and the market and knew exactly that ppl wouldn't like the fact he has used thai cues and badged them as his own and chose simply to be dishonest, no error there i can assure you....

To say it was an error of judgement is way off.

Comment

• Jeez Cally...you're one tough dude man

Terry
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• We must have some right saints on here, never made a few quid on the side , never got the wrong change and kept it, never found money and not handed it in, never taken stationery from work, all petty stuff, all illegal, we are only talking degrees here,must be great to have led a blameless life.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                Jeez Cally...you're one tough dude man

Terry
                The truth is never easy..

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                  Jeez Cally...you're one tough dude man

Terry
                  Not at all Terry, it's the truth, nothing grips my sh!t more than dishonesty. and as inoff says.............

Comment

• I've never bought a Thai cue, done fook all to it apart from add a badge and then sold it more than 3 times the price

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      I've never bought a Thai cue, done fook all to it apart from add a badge and then sold it more than 3 times the price
                      as i said its only degrees of dishonesty, but its all dishonesty.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by rob s View Post
                        totally agree with to fred. With regards to buying a new cue, i know you are not looking for 1 but there was a list on another thread, all these cuemakers state that they make their cues in the uk from scratch on their website or if you contact them directly:
                        John parris
                        trevor white
                        robin cook
                        dave coutts
                        tony glover
                        stamford cues (paul roberts)
                        crispian jones
                        tony wilshaw
                        jim evans
                        mastercraft
                        b & w billiards
                        craftsman cue (dave brown)

there may be more but these 1s are 100%
                        bollox bo;;ox bollox

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
                          Error of judgement. pfftt. come on man, he knew exactly what he was doing be it 8 cues or 8oo.. simple fact is he knows/knew when he started out that ppl always question where/how cues are made and he did himself no favours by 'masking' the truth...

You may have the courtesy and naivety to believe it was an error of judgement but it simply wasn't, jason knew/knows cues and the market and knew exactly that ppl wouldn't like the fact he has used thai cues and badged them as his own and chose simply to be dishonest, no error there i can assure you....

To say it was an error of judgement is way off.
                          It goes without saying that you are entitled to your own opinion... yes at the time it was deliberate and a choice he made knowingly but the fact that he ceased to pursue that line of business BEFORE all this stuff got brought up says to me that he corrected his judgment by his own choosing not because of any external pressure as your comments would indicate.

I bet we disagree on what constitutes 'handmade' as well as we obviously disagree about what is an error of judgment
                          Mick

Comment

• Originally Posted by renzie67 View Post
                            bollox bo;;ox bollox
                            Which ones renzie????
                            You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by fred.england View Post
                              Which ones renzie????
                              No one knows what goes on behind closed doors , apart from the makers
                              themselves and their confidants.

Comment

• ok it may have been a dig at jason and he's not the only one at it.. or has been at it.... BUT....

what has annoyed me with jason is that we have (well lots of us) seen him start up from scratch and seemingly make his cues from scratch as he stated when he started but then made a few thai cues (AND NUMBERED CUES AT THAT) and just carried on regardless and leading ppl too still believe he was still making them 8 thai (numbered ) cues from scratch never mentioned owt did he? until his hand was more or less forced...he just made them and carried on regardless, so all of us are stlll left too believe he was still making them as he has shown/told us from the start, then passes the cues off as his own fully handmade cues has we were lead to believe from when he frst started making cues here ... That's why i'm peeved at jason.

Jason knows cues, jason knows the market, Jason knows how funny us snooker ppl are where cue are involved with who does and don't make what, but lead us to believe he was handmaking all the cues from scratch and then he goes and pops a few NUMBERED thai cues in the loop when he knew full well .... he knew exactly what he was doing, which is the sad thing for me...

And will he ever get an order from me or would I reccomend him to anybody... No, No I wouldn't. but that's just me, other ppl can do what they like, but for that moment of 'madness' or error of judgement or whatever what you want to call it, it has affected my judgement of jason for sure.

Naughty and dishonest whichever way you look at it...
                                Last edited by cally; 29 July 2013, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X