Master cue joint problem, any cuemakers on here that can sort it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master cue joint problem, any cuemakers on here that can sort it

I just acquired a mastercue on eBay at a good price for a friend but when it arrived I noticed the joint was miles out and it almost looked like 2 different cues put together. How much would this cost to get fixed or reset? Just seeing if its worthwhile doing it or just try to get a refund.
    Cheers
    Last edited by rob s; 1 August 2013, 07:26 PM.
    77 in a match, 97 in a line up

has it gone past were it should be?.when a cue has been overtightend over time put a piece of paper on the male thread then put it together then rip the paper off.when your upto magazine type get it refaced.

Comment

Its miles out, this is it with the chevrons facing up:

I know I might sound mad but I think the guy has sent 2 different cues as it looks like even if you turned the joint back and set it, that it would still over hang:

Last edited by rob s; 1 August 2013, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Also another thing I found weird was that it came with both extensions, 1 was an official mastercue mini butt and a telescopic extension that wasn't mastercue and had to screw straight on to the shaft!!

Comment

Think that needs sending back

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Think that needs sending back
            Yeh I have put a case in just now on eBay mate

Comment

its not unusual for the chevrons not to line up with the badge.

mastercue joints are well know for coming loose.

its possible that it has come loose in the past and a diy fixer has reglued it but not lined it up correctly with the chevrons.

re the extensions they sound fine to me, the mini butt into the shaft is intended for pool tables with not much room.

did you get it cheap? it might be worth getting a quote to have it lined up and see if the seller will pay the costs.

just out of interest did you not notice this in the advert pics?
              http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Your mate may just have to bite the bullet, i doubt you'll get positive response from ebay as the seller can argue that's the way he bought it and technically it's in good condition, i don't think it would be that dear to fix and like you said you got it at a good price...
                Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
                  its not unusual for the chevrons not to line up with the badge.

mastercue joints are well know for coming loose.

its possible that it has come loose in the past and a diy fixer has reglued it but not lined it up correctly with the chevrons.

re the extensions they sound fine to me, the mini butt into the shaft is intended for pool tables with not much room.

did you get it cheap? it might be worth getting a quote to have it lined up and see if the seller will pay the costs.

just out of interest did you not notice this in the advert pics?

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
                  Your mate may just have to bite the bullet, i doubt you'll get positive response from ebay as the seller can argue that's the way he bought it and technically it's in good condition, i don't think it would be that dear to fix and like you said you got it at a good price...
                  The photos were not very clear on the listing and it wasn't mentioned in the description. It was listed as 9mm 19oz but it is 20oz & 8.75mm, and I have a sneaking suspicion that this is in fact 2 different master cues put together. The shaft seems newer and pool spec but the butt is thick, heavy so the cue has an overhang when put it together and you can see that the joints would never have fitted together and been flush, or even close to flush. Also it is absolutely covered in dings, dents and chips!!! It looks like he has been trying to use it as a hammer, its in shocking condition. He has agreed to refund me so I'm gonna post it off Monday and hopefully he refunds me when he receives it. Its my birthday today so I didn't wanna sit in all day waiting for a courier

Comment

Originally Posted by rob s View Post
                    The photos were not very clear on the listing and it wasn't mentioned in the description. It was listed as 9mm 19oz but it is 20oz & 8.75mm, and I have a sneaking suspicion that this is in fact 2 different master cues put together. The shaft seems newer and pool spec but the butt is thick, heavy so the cue has an overhang when put it together and you can see that the joints would never have fitted together and been flush, or even close to flush. Also it is absolutely covered in dings, dents and chips!!! It looks like he has been trying to use it as a hammer, its in shocking condition. He has agreed to refund me so I'm gonna post it off Monday and hopefully he refunds me when he receives it. Its my birthday today so I didn't wanna sit in all day waiting for a courier

You know what you could be right with the different shaft idea, he may have had one for snooker and one for pool, though maybe took the shaft from another mastercue hence not lining up, well at least your getting refunded as i'd imagine ebay wouldn't have helped much at all. Happy Birthday by the way
                    Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

I apologize straight at the beginning as im drunk as hell, but what is there in the pictures that is "off"?
                      "It's just a shot away" -Rolling Stones-

Comment

Sorry. Didn't see the chevron-thing there..
                        "It's just a shot away" -Rolling Stones-

Comment

I didn't see it either, and I'm sober ! ;-)

Comment

Working...
                          X