Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maple 1 piece Powerglide Connoisseur on ebay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maple 1 piece Powerglide Connoisseur on ebay?

Just seen this and it does look to be a maple one tho the pics arent conclusive also pity it doesnt have the conny nameplate. Has a personalised plate instead, seems quiet with just a day to go should be interesting to see what it goes for.

Is it me or are the splices way too short?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rex-Willia...item338499d335

Comment

The length of the splices always varies with connoisseur's. I've got a 2 piece version, no Rex Williams signature and the nameplate had been replaced with a plain piece of brass, had to get the joint replaced by Alan Day aswell. Only bought it because I love the look of the connoisseur.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
        The length of the splices always varies with connoisseur's. I've got a 2 piece version, no Rex Williams signature and the nameplate had been replaced with a plain piece of brass, had to get the joint replaced by Alan Day aswell. Only bought it because I love the look of the connoisseur.
        I know they vary, but yours are roughly halfway up the bottom piece, whereas this one looks barely a third, it might be fine, just looks off to me.

Comment

Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
          I know they vary, but yours are roughly halfway up the bottom piece, whereas this one looks barely a third, it might be fine, just looks off to me.
          Yeah but if it was custom made the guy may have asked for it that way, doesn't look right being so short though mate

Comment

Yeah but if it was custom made the guy may have asked for it that way, doesn't look right being so short though mate
            Fair point about the custom made bit, the cue is just a smidge under 58" though overall, think I will give it a miss.

Comment

Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
              Fair point about the custom made bit, the cue is just a smidge under 58" though overall, think I will give it a miss.
              I meant the splices being so short not the cue lol, should have made that clear mate

Comment

I meant the splices being so short not the cue lol, should have made that clear mate
                No mate, I didn't make myself clear, what I meant was that the cue is a fairly standard size given that the splices look about 12" in total.

Comment

Working...
                X