Information regarding a JTS cue please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information regarding a JTS cue please

I bought this cue. "JTS" apparently owned by an old guy in India in the 1950's/60's. Machine spliced. No ferrule. Leather tip that feels like concrete. Looks a little like maple, but feels too light and is too flexible. Moved the white ball about beautifully, but needs some gentle tlc to make it into a nice player. It's definitely a cue to play with, maybe shorten and add a ferrule. Does anyone have any idea about the cues origins? Google only brings up the ebay advert.
    JTS cue 001.jpgJTS cue 002.jpgJTS cue 003.jpg

Would the JTS be the owners initials, rather than the maker?

Comment

Possibly, but don't think so.

Comment

My uncle was in the navy around that time and he brought back all sorts of wooden ornaments and trinkets from India that were all hand made and good quality and they were lots that had is initials on as the they were the makers. This looks a good quality hand made cue that was made in the back streets of some Indian city/town by a local maker my thoughts are that JTS is the owner’s initials or maybe a clubs initials. The cue will properly be made out of some local wood and not maple and the tip looks original and will be totally dried out thus like concrete. It looks like you have a unique cue and a great buy.

Comment

Working...
        X