Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    You had a bad experience of them ???
    From what i have seen at Greenbaize they seem ok, some LOUD woods used and butt finish a bit unusual, but Stu will take that off if you prefer, as it's only a 10 minute job.
    No he can't sell them for £2500 is his problem lol... cough cough Fed alert...
    Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Higgins = Mental. Can he not accept he's reached the age where form starts to deteriorate instead of blaming it on random pieces of wood?

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
        No he can't sell them for £2500 is his problem lol... cough cough Fed alert...
        Ahh i see, well they are better than the overpriced cues he attempts to sell

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
          Higgins = Mental. Can he not accept he's reached the age where form starts to deteriorate instead of blaming it on random pieces of wood?

Hit the nail on the head....placebo effect me thinks

Comment

He's been like that his entire career with cues, it's not a recent development.

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
              He's been like that his entire career with cues, it's not a recent development.
              Yes but now he has a new cue every other week, I don't recall him being this bad about it in the past.

Comment

Yes but now he has a new cue every other week, I don't recall him being this bad about it in the past.
                As I said above, he has always been this bad.

Comment

I never would judge that harshly in this case. Its just a piece of wood...not about wife or football club
                  mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

I think Higgins' intention of changing cue frequently is that he wants to find "the cue" that really suits his play. I don't think he 'likes' changing cue or blaming on the cue for his 'poor' performance as you can see he sticked with his NW for a long time as he thought it suited him.

Comment

I can't understand the criticism of Higgins here when we have many members on here who change cues as often as they do their underwear!

He isn't changing because his game is in decline, he is changing because he is struggling to adapt to a cue that suits him. It just shows how important it is once you find the right cue to stick with it because once you have to change it can take a very long time to find another that suits you as well as your old one.

We've seen it many times with players in recent times, Williams, Hendry, Maguire, Dott have all changed cues frequently this past few years because they have struggled to find a cue that feels as comfortable as their old tried and trusted.

I'm struggling to find a cue that plays like my old one too, I've been through 5 cues this past 18 months and still not fully satisfied, hopefully the Ultimate (when it arrives) will be the one, if not I'll be trying out others. My game possibly is in decline but I also put that down to the fact I'm not 100% confident with the cue I'm using. I guess this is what happens to any player once they have to change cue, especially one they've used for over 15 years or so.

Comment

What happened to Higgo's old Kevin Muncaster cue?

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                          What happened to Higgo's old Kevin Muncaster cue?
                          It has been modified so many times that it is now beyond use.

Comment

Higgins changes cue yet again!

I guess it's easy to criticize people who may have been tempted to risk their career via cheating, it's easier to pick faults in cues and not your own game, not saying every cue will suit every player, but the more you get used to something the better you will play!
                            Last edited by SouthPaw; 23 September 2013, 09:10 PM.
                            Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Well good point but not quite right to generalise because some players gain enthusiasm to practice with a new cue and like learning to adapt. I chop and change like the weather and get a buzz out of doing it. Trying to stay with one cue is impossible for me - I hit bad patch of form and I blame everything but me and sometimes get it in my head that the cue ain't just right.

Can't help myself.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post

Can't help myself.
                                Find a coach.
                                mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

Working...
                                X