Talisman soft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talisman soft

Does anyone find / have experience of these tips making a 1 piece cue sound a bit tinny sometimes?

i've found most of them don't, but the odd one does

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
      Does anyone find / have experience of these tips making a 1 piece cue sound a bit tinny sometimes?
      yes.

it is because they are not soft. not even close. they are hard. and only minimally less hard than medium or hard ones.

they will always make a less pleasant sound than an elkmaster or other normal pressed tip.
      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

I have played with these on and off for a couple of years now and had no issues as you describe, perhaps the glue or fitting are creating the problem.
        I have used them on 1 piece JPU, MW with black spin and now with a TW and will recommend them.
        Hope you can sort the issue.
        " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

Comment

Mixed responses, thanks all. I hope it is the hardness of the tip and not a problem with my cue. Its fine around the black spot but any hard shot using screw and it sounds like I'm hitting the cue ball direct with the ferule.

Comment

Well I put a trusty Blue Diamond on and problem fixed. Cue now sounds normal and I get more reaction out the white too.

Gave the Talisman a bash but not for me. I'm sure I have read a couple of TW's posts before saying that some cues are just not suited to laminated tips due to each cue's individual sound. The TW I have now is a real solid hitter anyway so I suppose I didn't need the harder tip.

Comment

I've used a Talisman Soft for 18 months or so and it does sound as you say on some shots (yes, fitted correctly).

I spent a month trying the medium, soft, elks and blue diamonds so we could have a discussion at the club.

I settled on the soft Tailisman and just got used to the slightly different sound it gave that the other tips didn't (except the Medium Talisman, that did as well).

The Talismans are both hard tips so would obviously not absorb a collision with a cue ball the same as an elk.

I also tried MW's tip recently and thought that very good for feel and reaction. Still can't make my mind up between that and the Talisman soft, both very good!
              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

I settled on the MW super tips. 2 have lasted me a whole season and playable from the off

Comment

I settled on the MW super tips. 2 have lasted me a whole season and playable from the off
                  A very wise choice i love em

Comment

I got a tip compressor the other week, put and elk in it over night and it has been on since, no need to touch the tip other than ***** it to take chalk. cheap and reliable

Comment

Originally Posted by luke-h View Post
                      I got a tip compressor the other week, put and elk in it over night and it has been on since, no need to touch the tip other than ***** it to take chalk. cheap and reliable

Why has ***** been taken out? it's not a swear word.....to ***** something??

Comment

I have the adr 147 tip on mate, they are superb, iv'e tried them all and i'm proper fussy. no more putting 9 Blue Diamonds on in one night till i find a decent one!!! Talisman were ok but de laminated after a while, Try one, zero playing in time, shape it and youre good to go with very little re shaping.

Comment

Originally Posted by azzza View Post
                          I have the adr 147 tip on mate, they are superb, iv'e tried them all and i'm proper fussy. no more putting 9 Blue Diamonds on in one night till i find a decent one!!! Talisman were ok but de laminated after a while, Try one, zero playing in time, shape it and youre good to go with very little re shaping.
                          I haven't tried one yet Azzza. Softer than a Talisman soft? Because on my cue they sounded awful.

Comment

Originally Posted by azzza View Post
                            Is there no tinging sound from these tips?, I have tried Omin and Pheonix and both felt like a marble and tinged, I am tempted by these tips though, not seen a bad review. I know it's a difficult thing to judge, but how much harder are they than a good well bedded in elk, or a good MW tip.
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              Is there no tinging sound from these tips?, I have tried Omin and Pheonix and both felt like a marble and tinged, I am tempted by these tips though, not seen a bad review. I know it's a difficult thing to judge, but how much harder are they than a good well bedded in elk, or a good MW tip.
                              ADR laminated tips are superb...feel wise I would say they are like a blue diamond but don't go all one sided like the old tips used to after a few frames..they hold there shape and get a thumbs up from me

Comment

Working...
                              X